ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

4 months late entry - 2nd extension required?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

malsukdest
Newly Registered

4 months late entry - 2nd extension required?

Post by malsukdest » Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:32 pm

Hi,

My visa started from 15-Nov-2009, but entered 4 months late on 14-Mar-2010. I am eligible for PR on 14-Mar-2014, but my current visa expires on 15-Nov-2013. Is there a way to avoid an extra extension and save application fees?

Thanks in advance.

tier1_aspirant123

Post by tier1_aspirant123 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:12 pm

nowadays it is taking more than 90 days on an average to process postal applications... if you are ok with this delay you can consider that. for me it took 135 days and my visa was expiring on 22 jul 12 but when i got my extension it was valid till 27 oct 15 and date of issue was 27 Oct 12 when my case was processed by case worker.

btw if you are unlucky(or lucky i dont know) your application might get processed quickly and u might need a second application but thats a chance you can take and save some money
Tier1 Aspirant

malsukdest
Newly Registered

Post by malsukdest » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:36 am

First extension is already over and it was PEO and dates are correct according to the original visa. So that option is not there now.

firangi

Post by firangi » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:53 am

You would be eligible for PR only after 5 yrs. How can you be eligible for PR in Mar-14 when your visa started in Nov-09 and you entered in Mar-10..that's not 5 yrs

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Re: 4 months late entry - 2nd extension required?

Post by kiranchinnu » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:29 pm

malsukdest wrote:Hi,

My visa started from 15-Nov-2009, but entered 4 months late on 14-Mar-2010. I am eligible for PR on 14-Mar-2014, but my current visa expires on 15-Nov-2013. Is there a way to avoid an extra extension and save application fees?

Thanks in advance.
Your eligible for applying ILR 28 days before 14-march-2015 according to present rules.
Information provided is general guidance and does not constitute legal advice.

malsukdest
Newly Registered

Post by malsukdest » Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:00 pm

[quote="kiranchinnu"][quote="malsukdest"]Hi,

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

[color=red]Your eligible for applying ILR 28 days before 14-march-2015 according to present rules. [/color][/quote]

Sorry, that was a mistake. Visa started on 15-Nov-2008. Entered 14-Mar-2009. I know there is 3 months of time to enter and still apply for PR without an extra extension. For me it is 4 months. With 1 month difference I have to shell out £3600 (me + 2 dependants). So just wanted to double check whether there is any way to avoid this extension. Seems from the replies that it is not possible. Thanks guys!
My £3600 will now go UKBA to support their staff where there is no spending cuts, because we are there to support them! :)

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:57 pm

malsukdest wrote:
kiranchinnu wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Your eligible for applying ILR 28 days before 14-march-2015 according to present rules.
Sorry, that was a mistake. Visa started on 15-Nov-2008. Entered 14-Mar-2009. I know there is 3 months of time to enter and still apply for PR without an extra extension. For me it is 4 months. With 1 month difference I have to shell out £3600 (me + 2 dependants). So just wanted to double check whether there is any way to avoid this extension. Seems from the replies that it is not possible. Thanks guys!
My £3600 will now go UKBA to support their staff where there is no spending cuts, because we are there to support them! :)
With due respect , rules are rules cant change. there are in place for reason.

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:01 pm

malsukdest wrote:
kiranchinnu wrote:

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately there is no way you can avoid an extra extension.

malsukdest
Newly Registered

Post by malsukdest » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:57 am

I think i might go for an early extension, may be in May 2013,six months early. What i have read from the forum is there is no problem in applying early understanding the risk that th new visa start date might start from the date of issue which is ok in my case.

Could you please correct me if i am wrong?

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:10 am

malsukdest wrote:I think i might go for an early extension, may be in May 2013,six months early. What i have read from the forum is there is no problem in applying early understanding the risk that th new visa start date might start from the date of issue which is ok in my case.

You need to explain why your opting for early extention to HO in your cover letter. I have seen who have got issued/rejected for submitting the extention 6 months early. It will be hard to tell for anyone as there is no set rule for early extension . I suggest you to apply three months ahead of visa expiry to be safer side (in terms of fee loss)

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:51 pm

kiranchinnu wrote:
malsukdest wrote:I think i might go for an early extension, may be in May 2013,six months early. What i have read from the forum is there is no problem in applying early understanding the risk that th new visa start date might start from the date of issue which is ok in my case.

You need to explain why your opting for early extention to HO in your cover letter. I have seen who have got issued/rejected for submitting the extention 6 months early. It will be hard to tell for anyone as there is no set rule for early extension . I suggest you to apply three months ahead of visa expiry to be safer side (in terms of fee loss)
Unless there is a rule preventing early extension, UKBA cannot reject a visa. As far as I know there is nothing preventing the applicant from early extension.The only disadvantage for early extension is that could lead to a shortfall to ILR eligibility which is not applicable to OP. I repeat, UK is not like USA, the UKBA cannot do as they please.They have to follow written rules. There is no Safe/Unsafe side for Visa application. If you follow the rules, you will get the Visa.

malsukdest
Newly Registered

Post by malsukdest » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:14 pm

Above two replies seem to be conflicting and I do not want to take it lightly as it is from senior members in this forum. Is there any instance of rejection in this forum because of early application. If you can point to those, would be helpful to take a decision.

And also stating a reason like career change(since the visa is for only 6 more months, it is often asked by recuitment agents etc..) would not be a problem as just it needs to be mentioned in the covering letter.

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:32 pm

malsukdest wrote:Above two replies seem to be conflicting and I do not want to take it lightly as it is from senior members in this forum. Is there any instance of rejection in this forum because of early application. If you can point to those, would be helpful to take a decision.

And also stating a reason like career change(since the visa is for only 6 more months, it is often asked by recuitment agents etc..) would not be a problem as just it needs to be mentioned in the covering letter.
There are a handful of people in this forum who are absolutely knowledgeable in immigration matters so that I would rely on their advise (people like sushdmehta, lucapooka, John ......). Please don't rely on "seniors". This is a public forum and if you spend your time here, you would be "senior", that doesn't mean anything. I strongly urge you to be objective and do your research.

See the following link and go to point 46, then reach a conclusion.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

kiranchinnu
Member of Standing

Post by kiranchinnu » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:14 am

varghesejim wrote:
malsukdest wrote:Above two replies seem to be conflicting and I do not want to take it lightly as it is from senior members in this forum. Is there any instance of rejection in this forum because of early application. If you can point to those, would be helpful to take a decision.

There are a handful of people in this forum who are absolutely knowledgeable in immigration matters so that I would rely on their advise (people like sushdmehta, lucapooka, John ......). Please don't rely on "seniors". This is a public forum and if you spend your time here, you would be "senior", that doesn't mean anything. I strongly urge you to be objective and do your research.

See the following link and go to point 46, then reach a conclusion.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf
Good Luck OP

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:30 am

[quote="malsukdest"]I think i might go for an early extension, may be in May 2013,six months early. What i have read from the forum is there is no problem in applying early understanding the risk that th new visa start date might start from the date of issue which is ok in my case.

Could you please correct me if i am wrong?[/quote]

My friend got his T1 extended a year before his visa expiry and he got it without any problems. You should be alright with 6 month early extension.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:32 am

Here's another example -
[url]http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 645#773645[/url]