ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 dependent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rash1

Tier 1 dependent

Post by rash1 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:27 pm

Plz Help!! :(

My husband is in uk on PSW visa and I wish to join him. He lives with his landlord in his house but pay rent for a separate personal bedroom and share kit chen and toilet. What kind of tenancy agreement we will need to show? AST or Lodger?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:54 pm

There is no requirement to show accommodation for this category.

rash1

Post by rash1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:19 am

thanks...... but last time when I was refused visa they mentioned that we didnt show accomodation proof

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:48 am

Applications are refused by citing the relevant paragraph of the immigration rules which has not been satisfied. It's not part of the immigration rules for adult PBS dependants! It is only a requirement where the applicant is a minor.

rash1

Post by rash1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:12 pm

My refusal letter states-

"your sponsor has stated that he has not arranged any accommodation as yet and will stay in a hotel on arrivalin UK. In consideration of the above as such I am not satisfied that you are a spouse of of a person-

a) who has valid leave to remain in UK

The application falls to be refused under Paragraph 319C (b) (i) and (ii) of the immigration rules. "

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:20 pm

What did you supply as proof of your husband's status?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:23 pm

Sounds like a refusal because they don't believe he is a migrant living in the UK rather than for lack of suitable accommodation. They think that by saying you will be staying in a hotel that he may not actually be in the UK or intending to travel there, and that you will travel alone to the UK and live there without him.

(i) has valid leave to enter or remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or

(ii) is, at the same time, being granted entry clearance or leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or

Completely bogus decision in my opinion, but I stress that lack of accommodation was not the reason.

It's entirely of your own doing. Mentioning the hotel was not required or necessary but by doing so you have directed the scrutiny of the application onto other aspects of its legitimacy.

rash1

Post by rash1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:01 pm

hmmm u r right Lucapooka......

My husband came to India for wedding, after that we wanted to travel together to UK and we clearly mentioned this in the cover letter.
We didnt wanted any kind of loop hole so took Y-Axis Consultancy help, and they mentioned about staying in hotel in the cover letter. We didnt know much so trusted the consultant completely.

Thats why we are worried this time and want to present tenancy agreement this time. I think Lodger's agreement is the suitable agreement but dont know if it is accepted by the immigration officers.

rash1

Post by rash1 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:06 pm

@Vinny

We provided my husband's-

Visa copy
Passport copy
Bank Statements