ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Doubt about Medical Insurance Premium - Salary calculation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rockwell31

Doubt about Medical Insurance Premium - Salary calculation

Post by rockwell31 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:03 pm

My payslip shows Medical Insurance Premium on both side 'Earnings' and 'Deduction' with same amount. Do I need to take the Gross pay as it is or deduct the insurance premium, while doing earning calculation.

Thanks for your help
Rw

rockwell31

Moved: Doubt about Medical Insurance Premium - Salary calc

Post by rockwell31 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:22 am

Can anybody help on this issue pls?

Thanks.
RW

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:42 am

Is the Medical Insurance a taxable company benefit you receive? I.e. does the company pay the premium and you pay income tax on that premium?

If so, it would be reflected as an addition to your gross pay in your payslip to enable tax deduction. However what you claim as previous earnings would be the gross pay without the medical insurance premium as you do not receive that amount as income yourself.

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:41 pm

Only the Gross pay as it is and deduct the insurance premium, while doing the calculation.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.