ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Multiple Switchings between Tier2 <----> Tier1 Depend

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vsk106

Multiple Switchings between Tier2 <----> Tier1 Depend

Post by vsk106 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:25 pm

Hi Experts,

Could you please give your valulable suggestions regarding my following query.

I have swithced from [Tier2(ICT)-Short Term] visa To [Tier1 Dependent] Visa as my patner in UK in Tier1 Visa.

Now, my employer ready to sponsor [Tier2(ICT)- Long Term] visa through company.

So now can i switch from [Tier1 Dependent] Visa To [Tier2(ICT)- Long Term] visa, Is it possible ?

In future, Can i switch back to again [Tier1 Dependent] Visa ? or any restrictions due to multiple switchings....

I know that, any visa switchings should be from home country, beyond this is there any other restrictions about multiple switchings.....?

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:55 pm

I have swithced from [Tier2(ICT)-Short Term] visa To [Tier1 Dependent] Visa as my patner in UK in Tier1 Visa.
When was this?

I am not quite sure of the below, but I may have a point. Others please confirm -
I think the ILR rules have changed recently and now the dependent partner has to complete 5 years oh cohab. So pretty much your ILR clock will restart and you will have to complete 5 years on the new visa every time you switch.