ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second Extension - How long is it granted for?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

boardUser

Second Extension - How long is it granted for?

Post by boardUser » Tue May 28, 2013 1:28 pm

Hi

My initial Tier 1 (General) visa was granted for 2 years afterwards I applied for an extension which was granted for 3 years. I entered UK after 8 month from the time my initial Tier 1 visa was granted.

If I apply for a second extension then does anyone know that how for how many years will the visa be granted to me (2 or 3 years?)

Thanks

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue May 28, 2013 2:28 pm

three years in your case.

boardUser

Post by boardUser » Tue May 28, 2013 3:04 pm

Thanks rizwan567

may I ask how do you know that, like did you/your friend have personal experience in which extension second extension was granted for 3 years or did you read it anywhere?

Thanks

ddb

Post by ddb » Tue May 28, 2013 6:38 pm

See below for excerpt from the immigration rules http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/

"245CB. Period and conditions of grant

(a) Leave to remain will be granted for a period of 2 years, to an applicant who has, or was last granted, leave as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010.

(b) in all other cases, leave to remain will be granted for a period of 3 years."
--------