ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

advice regarding tier1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shravya.bhanuri
Newly Registered

advice regarding tier1 extension

Post by shravya.bhanuri » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:37 pm

hi all,
I have applied for tier 1(general) extension with 1 dependent on 12th of june2013 and has given biometrics on 21st of june but haven't got any approval letter till date. yesterday i.e 18th of sept i have received a letter from the home office stating that there are some new rules which are being implemented from 1st of oct and these rules also apply to our application as well. wanted to know how these rules will affect our application and also i have an emergency travel plan in the 2nd week of oct. will be very thankful if anyone could suggest something to speed up the process and also wanted to know the possible reasons for the delay. thanks in advance
regards,
shravya

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:47 pm

Are you Employed or Self Employed ?

shravya.bhanuri
Newly Registered

Post by shravya.bhanuri » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:15 pm

self employed

poojabhatt

Genuine earnings test

Post by poojabhatt » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:37 pm

I believe that these letters are sent out to all the applicants who are self employed (either part or whole)

Please check the following post

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=146315

Regards,

shravya.bhanuri
Newly Registered

Post by shravya.bhanuri » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:41 pm

thanks a lot for ur response. does that mean that further processing would start after 1st of oct? and is there any way we could speed up the proess?

poojabhatt

Post by poojabhatt » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:07 pm

shravya.bhanuri wrote:thanks a lot for ur response. does that mean that further processing would start after 1st of oct? and is there any way we could speed up the proess?
I wish there was a way to speed up the process but unfortunately there isn't. Now that they will be investigating every application with a fine tooth comb I would believe that the processing now will take even longer than it took earlier.

I hope I am wrong.

shravya.bhanuri
Newly Registered

Post by shravya.bhanuri » Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:52 pm

Yea.. lets hope for the best :)