ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to India and my visa expiry

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kesavasankar
Newly Registered

Travel to India and my visa expiry

Post by kesavasankar » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:51 pm

All,

My visa and my wife's visa are expiring by 15th March 2014. Now am planning to visit India from Dec 1st to end of Dec. I dont want to extend it right now for obvious reasons. These days its getting way longer than expected to get the visas extended.

My question is, is it fine for us to travel to India and comeback without any issues from either UKBA or indian authorities?. Have anyone faced a similar situation before?. I need to make a decision as soon as possible, so that I can book my flight tickets. Any help in this regard will be really helpful. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kesava

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:31 pm

Should be no problem at all. If it is of any peace of mind, I have had a friend who had just 2 weeks left on his visa, returned and then applied for his extension.

If you search a bit, you will see many such personal experiences in this forum.

kams19

Post by kams19 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:48 am

I had asked a similar query once I was returning from India, so asked the immigration officer, and the lady said that you shouldnt worry at all if you have 6 weeks left on your visa, but technically you should be allowed to enter even if you had one day left. HTH