ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Tier 1 General extension processing time- urgent

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

srinivas_kairam
Newly Registered

UK Tier 1 General extension processing time- urgent

Post by srinivas_kairam » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:22 pm

All,
I need a urgent help for one of my friend. He is not in a position to send email hence asked me to post for urgent advice from seniors.

He applied for Tier 1 extension in June 13 and completed bio metrics. He is still waiting for decision. Unfortunately got to hear that his mother is very critically ill and on ventilator support(Coma). He need to travel to India ASAP but not getting any information how to speed up the process of his pending application. He is also planning to with draw his application if that is going to be sooner. He urgently needs his passport to travel India.

Can anyone please suggest what are the options for left for him to travel India soon. Your quick reply and advice is very appreciated.

Please advise if anyone got visa who applied for Tier 1 general visa extension in second week of June.

He posted application on 13th June 2013, Biometrics given on 27th June 2013.

Thanks

shravya.bhanuri
Newly Registered

Post by shravya.bhanuri » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:33 am

Hello there, we have also applied around the same dates (12th of june). We still did not hear anything too. I also have an emergency and want to go back! Faxed the home office about it but they replied like a 10 days later saying they could not speed up the process. But what you could do is ask your friend to submit an evidence(a letter from the doctor) along with local m.p 's recommendation to speed up the process. I do not exactly know how long this will take. Try going to the sheffield or croydon homeoffice (again not sure if they are going to let us in). Withdrawal with evidence of emergency would take around 2 to 7 days. Also heard sometimes they provide us with an emergency travel document to travel. Wishing something or the other works and hope your friend's mum recovers soon.
Good luck!

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:00 pm

Try going to the sheffield or croydon homeoffice (again not sure if they are going to let us in).
They would let you in, as there is an option of making enquiries and they would provide you with a token for that and let you in. However not sure how much of help that would really be as it is the same advise provided via phone. As mentioned here,
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... migration/