ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Shifting from Visiting Visa / Tier1 Dep visa for Child

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vsk106

Shifting from Visiting Visa / Tier1 Dep visa for Child

Post by vsk106 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:23 pm

I heard that for Child we can switch visiting visa to Tier 1 Dependent visa with in UK and also eligible for NHS medical support.

Because my Tier 1 Ext in pending with in 4 months, If i get my kid as my dependent again Kid need to go for ext after 4 months.

So i am thinking instead, if I get my kid as visiting visa(less cost) to UK. after my ext I can shift to Dependent visa with in UK.

Could some experts please confirm this. Is it possible...?

sagareva
BANNED

Re: Shifting from Visiting Visa / Tier1 Dep visa for Child

Post by sagareva » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:48 pm

i have brought dependent children as visitors, for similar reasons

if you have less that 6 months left on your current leave, it may even be the only option i think

but you can't then switch within the UK, as far as I know. they need to leave and apply from abroad (note that the application fee from aboard is roughly twice cheaper right now, which somewhat compensates for cost of travel)

and since visitor leave is not really extendable past 6 months, they can get stuck if your tier 1 extension consideration protracts indefinitely like some people here

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:58 pm

Yes, in-country switching is not possible from visitor to T1 General dependent. See paragraph 131.