ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR For dependent eligibility clarification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sajan.chandran

ILR For dependent eligibility clarification

Post by sajan.chandran » Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:01 pm

I will be applying for my ILR this month, but i need some clarifications for my wife eligibility.
Below are her timelines.

Code: Select all

Visa Type                 Valid from                           Valid to
Tier 1 General                24/04/2009                         24/04/2012
Tier 1(G) Ext                  Refused - due to incorrect fees paid, returned to india applied as my dependent (myself Tier 1 (G))
T1(G) Depdent                05/07/2012                          10/04/2014 (applied in india)
T1(G) Depdent                16/04/2014                          10/04/2017 (applied in India, had to go to india for our baby)
I was reading about her eligibility for ILR, the clause says
"they’ve been living in the UK with you for at least 2 years if they applied before 9 July 2012 or 5 years if they applied on or after 9 July 2012"

My question is when she got the 2nd T1(G) depdent, even though she applied much earlier than 10/04/2014, she got the visa start date from 16/04/2014, there is a gap in her visa for 6 days.

She was living with me continuously for more than 5 years now in UK, had to spend some time in India (less than 180 days in 12 consecutive months).

Is she eligible for ILR ?

Can someone, please clarify.