ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Absence from the UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

hiteshtuteja

Absence from the UK

Post by hiteshtuteja » Mon May 04, 2015 2:26 pm

Hi

I came to the UK on Tier 2 visa on 22nd March 2010 and shifted to Tier 1 in August 2010. During this duration, I didn't exit the UK at all. After getting Tier 2 visa, I have travelled to India, Europe but for very short durations (3 weeks or less) and the total absence per year wouldn't be more than 6-7 weeks. Do I still need to provide details of my absence in the SET(O) form while applying for ILR?

Thanks
Hitesh

bling-uk

Re: Absence from the UK

Post by bling-uk » Mon May 04, 2015 9:42 pm

hiteshtuteja wrote:Hi

I came to the UK on Tier 2 visa on 22nd March 2010 and shifted to Tier 1 in August 2010. During this duration, I didn't exit the UK at all. After getting Tier 2 visa, I have travelled to India, Europe but for very short durations (3 weeks or less) and the total absence per year wouldn't be more than 6-7 weeks. Do I still need to provide details of my absence in the SET(O) form while applying for ILR?

Thanks
Hitesh
was this absence for work or leisure

if it was work get them to issue you a letter stating you were away from work.

when I applied for ILR I had around 60 days of leave and I got all my previous employers to give me a letter saying this was annual leave. !

hiteshtuteja

Re: Absence from the UK

Post by hiteshtuteja » Tue May 05, 2015 6:46 am

It was all leisure...never traveled outside the UK for work.