ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP Rejected - URGENT!!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ramit

HSMP Rejected - URGENT!!!

Post by Ramit » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:23 am

My HSMP application was rejected today. I have still not found out the reason as they have posted the letter today. My student visa runs out on the 30th of Sept so I have 3 days left. Can I appeal against their decision and be legal to stay in UK till the time I get an answer or do I have to leave the country now that my student visa runs out in 3 days??? Please help! I know I get 28 days to appeal but then my student visa runs out in 3 days time... I wont get the HSMP refusal letter till 3 or 4 days!
Last edited by Ramit on Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

gordon

Re: HSMP Rejected - Need Advice

Post by gordon » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:42 am

Ramit wrote:My HSMP application was rejected today. I have still not found out the reason as they have posted the letter today. My student visa runs out on the 30th of Sept so I have 3 days left. Can I appeal against their decision and be legal to stay in UK till the time I get an answer or do I have to leave the country now that my student visa runs out in 3 days??? Please help! I know I get 28 days to appeal but then my student visa runs out in 3 days time... I wont get the HSMP refusal letter till 3 or 4 days!
Assuming you are on a student visa at present, would you be eligible for IGS otherwise ?

Ramit

Hi

Post by Ramit » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:44 am

My university told me that it is not in the list for IGS so I never considered it.

Ramit

Hi

Post by Ramit » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:19 am

Just checked on the recignised bodies website and my university is not listed so IGS is out of question.

But can I take my time (28 days) to appeal or send my application for a review as my student visa runs out in 3 days time! I do not want to be illegal in any way and I do not have the correct information!

gordon

Re: Hi

Post by gordon » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:58 am

Ramit wrote:Just checked on the recignised bodies website and my university is not listed so IGS is out of question.

But can I take my time (28 days) to appeal or send my application for a review as my student visa runs out in 3 days time! I do not want to be illegal in any way and I do not have the correct information!
Did you submit an FLR(HSMP) application at the same time as the initial HSMP application ?

Ramit

Hi

Post by Ramit » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:00 pm

No I didnt... I did not submit an FLR and just did an initial HSMP application to the HO. Didnt know I had to do an FLR too.. I thought that was only when I get accepted!

gordon

Post by gordon » Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:07 pm

Ramit wrote:No I didnt... I did not submit an FLR and just did an initial HSMP application to the HO. Didnt know I had to do an FLR too.. I thought that was only when I get accepted!
I'm a bit out of my depth here, but from what I understand the initial HSMP application is not a visa application per se, but the FLR application is. They permit the simultaneous submission of the initial application and the FLR application, with one contingent on the other obviously, which I imagine is helpful in tight timeframes. I think you would be legal beyond the end of your student visa if you had a valid visa application pending, e.g. FLR(HSMP), but it appears you haven't. AG

Constant

Re: HSMP Rejected - URGENT!!!

Post by Constant » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 pm

Your application was for initial approval and not FLR so the best course of action is leaving and appealing from abroad otherwise you risk being an overstayer on your student visa. All the best.
"And even a college degree cannot be used to prove that he can read and write" President Lyndon Baines Johnson - 1965 We Shall Overcome speech.

Ramit

Hi

Post by Ramit » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:41 pm

Leave in 3 days.. very difficult! I can apply for a student visa extension by tomorrow or so.

Constant

Post by Constant » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:58 pm

Good!!!! Now log yourself out of the forum and post your student visa extension application NOW via guaranteed next day 9am by Royal Mail. It has to reach Croydon before the expiry date. That will give you the time you need to complete the HSMP appeal process. All the best.
"And even a college degree cannot be used to prove that he can read and write" President Lyndon Baines Johnson - 1965 We Shall Overcome speech.

Ramit

Hi

Post by Ramit » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:22 pm

Thank you so much for your help. I applied for my student visa extension and now have enough time to review my hsmp application.... Thank you soo much once again!

chicku

Post by chicku » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:58 pm

Could you find out as to why was your approval rejected in the first time.