ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earnings criteria for students in UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SHANKARK

Post by SHANKARK » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:48 pm

Hi HSMP Experts,

I need a clarification for my friend who intends to file his HSMP application end of this month.

He has just completed his MBA in the UK, last month. He has a previous earnings equivalent to £4500 from India in the last 12 months prior to his start of study in UK in Sept 2006.

He has all his payslips but no tax returns... His previous employer has agreed to pay the taxes with penalty and get him the documents....

But I advised this will be this years date and home office may not accept...I am not sure if I am correct..

Earnings Start : Sept 2005

Earnings End : August 2006

Tax for these 12 months paid and documents obtained dated October 2007... Will this work ????

Any experts or anyone with previous experience, pls advise...

Cheers,

vidya

Post by vidya » Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:19 pm

You can submit exceptional evidence - bank statements or employee letter

but you have to convince HO that there was a valid reason why the return could not be filed

SHANKARK

Post by SHANKARK » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:13 pm

Yes, Bank statements and Employer letter will be prudent....But Iam not sure how convincing the reason of late tax payments be an excuse....

We'll have the tax documents but it will be on a later year, not for the exact year when the income was earned...

Tht was my doubt....

SHANKARK

Post by SHANKARK » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:14 pm

Yes, Bank statements and Employer letter will be prudent....But Iam not sure how convincing the reason of late tax payments be an excuse....

We'll have the tax documents but it will be on a later year, not for the exact year when the income was earned...

Tht was my doubt....