ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please provide evidence of proficiency in English.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

axer
Newly Registered

Please provide evidence of proficiency in English.

Post by axer » Tue Mar 30, 2004 6:43 pm

Hello !

I have a question about this statement in the application form.

Currently I don't have any certificate (IELTS or TOEFL), what kind of evidence could be acceptable in this case?

I work in sweeden for a big american company, the company's language is American English (as stated in Company Policy).

How to define this as evidence ?

Please advise me, thanks

Tier1Bangalore
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1Bangalore » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:57 am

Hi Axer

Working in an American co. and even if company's language is english will not guarantee you 10 required marks for english .

Either your master/bachleor's degree shud be in english language and that shud be recognised by points calc or by UK NARIC or you shud try passing any one of the valid english language proficiency tests listed on the UKBA website.

i m copying the text here which is on the site for your reference :-
There are three ways in which you can meet this requirement. You can:

• be a national of a majority English speaking country on the following list - Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, the Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Canada, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, New Zealand, St Christopher (Kitts) and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, the United States of America or
• hold an English language qualification equivalent to the Council of Europe's Common European Framework for Language Learning level C1 (approximately IELTS level 6.5, GCSE Grade C) or
• hold a degree that was taught in English as confirmed by the UK NARIC database as equivalent to a UK Bachelors degree.

Hope this helps you , best of luck.

Thanks

nksg

Re: Please provide evidence of proficiency in English.

Post by nksg » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:00 am

Another option is "degree tought in english". Did you check UKBA calculator ? what does it say for your degree?

If it says yes!! you dont need any extra evidance.. just original degree is fine.
axer wrote:Hello !

I have a question about this statement in the application form.

Currently I don't have any certificate (IELTS or TOEFL), what kind of evidence could be acceptable in this case?

I work in sweeden for a big american company, the company's language is American English (as stated in Company Policy).

How to define this as evidence ?

Please advise me, thanks