ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal of hsmp on english language but scored 85 points

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

piscean_sa
Newly Registered

Post by piscean_sa » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:08 pm

pantaiema wrote:Yes this is true it does not need to be British Universities
gotcha wrote:
piscean_sa wrote:Extrovert,
To meet English language requirement, you must have a Bachelors degree from a UK University or an IELTS(taken within the last 12 months or so,I think).
So, your Bachelors degree from Pakistan cannot be considered in this case.

Also, it doesn't matter how old you are as long as you have got 75 points.
Where you have read this ?
Don't give wrong information. For English language requirement , you need to have bachelors degree equivalent of UK bachelors degree(no matter where you earned it) and taught in English. You must have documentary evidence for same(University letter). Or you can take IELTS exam.
Oh, I thought one should have a Bachelors degree from a UK university/college in order to meet English Language requirement.

Apologies if I have been wrong.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:14 pm

piscean_sa wrote: Oh, I thought one should have a Bachelors degree from a UK university/college in order to meet English Language requirement.

Apologies if I have been wrong.
IF that was the case, it would be quite restrictive. a small percentage of people would meet the English language requirement and there would be no immigration so don't give them any ideas.

extrovert

IELTS genral or acadamic

Post by extrovert » Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:25 am

Could anyone please tell me that which IELTS(general or acadamic) should I take to apply again for HSMP.

Regards

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:49 am

Hi,
Looking at the obvious reasons of the people who have already replied before me. You can make out one thing clear:
everybody has said they havent heard of any bachelors that comprises of two years.
Now this is exceptional case in your case, you must take evidence and also write IELTS to proove your point.
It should be straight forward after that, as you have earned that degree, even masters degree from uk after that bachelors. It should be considered.
Better you explain clearly..
Good luck.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: IELTS genral or acadamic

Post by pantaiema » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:01 pm

Both are acceptable.
It seems U did not read the guidance/FAQ. It is very clear about this
extrovert wrote:Could anyone please tell me that which IELTS(general or acadamic) should I take to apply again for HSMP.

Regards
Pantaiema

VictoriaS
inactive

Re: Letter

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Dec 10, 2007 3:17 pm

scholarshk wrote:
BTW, Miss VictoriaS, why are'nt you helping inulin with his/her grounds of appeal !
Because I haven't had the e-mail.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!