ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i apply student extension and hsmp same time

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

naziakhan
Newly Registered

can i apply student extension and hsmp same time

Post by naziakhan » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:43 am

hya guys im new on this form , i am in confusing situation , i have applied for student extension . i am graduate from india . i want to apply for hsmp as soon as possible because my next month is my birth day if i didnt apply now i woudnt be able to qualify . can i apply for hsmp while my passport is still in home office for student extension . i do know i have to go back to india for entry clearance if i get approval

piscean_sa
Newly Registered

Post by piscean_sa » Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:50 am

Yes, you can because applying for HSMP doesn't require you to send your passport. So, there shoudn't be any problem.

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:10 am

Hiya,

How do you intend to provide your age proof?

The only situation where you will need to passport is when you need to provide age proof for HSMP using the notarised copy of the personal page of the passport and you have not already done so.

Other than this situation, you don't require your passport physically with you to apply for an HSMP. It is only required at the time of (in your case) FLR (HSMP) application.

(PS: Under special situations, do don't even need it at the time of FLR (HSMP) application... but let's not go into those details now).

Cheers.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:40 pm

hi

Well you can apply for extention for student visa and it would have no affect until you get decision for HSMP. You can notrized your passport's copies and can send this as proof of age.

Once you get the approval, provided you get degree from UK uni, you can file FLR otherwise you have to get EC from your home country. Hope this works for you. Best of luck..
Thinking low is crime....

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:47 pm

You can apply for student extension. But if you get through the HSMP initial stage andfurther to apply for FLR(HSMP) they might verufy your present status and you will be shown up as a student who extented his visa for some reason (reason must be either the course is still left or you joined a new course).

So you have to make sure that the leftover course or new course (which gave you chance to extend this student visa) is complete and after that only you can apply for FLR(HSMP) with the certificate attached.

Hope this helps

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Re: can i apply student extension and hsmp same time

Post by pantaiema » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:12 pm

Why do not you just apply student VISA first and after that, U apply for HSMP.

To get student VSAI extension is quite easy.

naziakhan wrote:hya guys im new on this form , i am in confusing situation , i have applied for student extension . i am graduate from india . i want to apply for hsmp as soon as possible because my next month is my birth day if i didnt apply now i woudnt be able to qualify . can i apply for hsmp while my passport is still in home office for student extension . i do know i have to go back to india for entry clearance if i get approval
Pantaiema

naziakhan
Newly Registered

Post by naziakhan » Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:08 pm

Thanks guys , you guys are so amazing , every1 is so helping i love this forum. just one more quick one
Pantiema i have already applied for my student visa extension because my course is not finished yet it would take one more year to finish as i mentioned before if i apply after feb i wouldnt qualify because of i will get less point for my age ( abhi to mein jawan houn) so i have to apply before feb .
one more big issue with name

my name is nazia ahmed in all the documents back home in india (educational plus all other ) but in my passport nazia ahmed khan . i just put my family name with my name that time and wasnt aware it could be big problem . all the documetns in uk (my educational documents , bank ,job etc) after passport got my name nazia ahmed khan .
you wouldnt believe that but there is something bigger than that
my dads name in my different documetns spell differently , i am really confuse what to do , i need your help guys .[/quote]

naziakhan
Newly Registered

Post by naziakhan » Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:33 pm

NO RESPONSE ,ANY1 THERE