ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Clarification - US Visa Rejection

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cottongear

EC Clarification - US Visa Rejection

Post by cottongear » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:06 pm

I had applied for H1B to USA thorugh a consultant in 2004. After 2-3 visits to Chennai embassy, my case was forwarded to some US based organisation for some further scrutiny. Meanwhile, my consultant stopped following it up and thus I did not get the H1B. I have not recieved any communication saying my H1B is rejected.

Does this mean my H1B visa is rejected ? I heard if they make a rejection then they would stamp it in the passport. Please clarify. I am asking this because I need to fill this info accordingly in the EC application section "5.2 Have you been refused a visa for any country, including the UK ?"

gajjelli
Newly Registered

Hi

Post by gajjelli » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:06 am

My Dear Friend,

You have to specify the rejection why it happend with the reference number if applicable which is mandatory. That will not be a problem at all.

Even recently I had gone through this forum, some where I found that EC got rejected because of not mentioning the rejection visa.

In my case I have a student visa for SWEDEN got rejectted. I mentioned the same with reference no with the reason as Less asset proofs.

Cheers,

Raju

cottongear

Re: Hi

Post by cottongear » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:35 pm

Dear Raju,

Actually I dont have a stamping in my case I dont have a stamping in my passport saying something "H1B VISA Rejected". And, since there is no Rejection stamp mentioned in my Passport it is not a rejection.

Please clarify if I am wrong (i.e., if you have applied for H1B but you are still watiting for last 3 years ).