ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent : EC application Clarifications

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cottongear

Urgent : EC application Clarifications

Post by cottongear » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:24 pm

I am planning to apply for the EC this weekend and request suggestions on the following :

1. What email address we should give for "6.4.7 What is your employers email address ? ".
Should we give my project manager's or my "HR contact person" or our organisations "HR Head". I work for a really big organisation and org structure is quite complex and I dont think there will be THE email id for an organisation.

2. In the Integra Verfication form : In educational Information section, for "Name as per certificate" - should we enter "my name" as in the certifcate or the "course name" ?

3. Job Hunt: I have been trying very hard to get some interview calls or emails informing the recruiters interest in my profile by posting my resume over various job sites. I only have 2-3 mails by recruiters mentioning their interest in my profile. I am not sure if this is sufficient for me to convince the EC officers.
Please suggest if there are any other alternatives.

4. Accomodation: Though I tried for some help from my contacts, I am not able to get the required docs from them. And, only option left seems to be hotel booking from www.booking.com
Can I book any economy hotels on booking.com without going through their reviews etc. just to comply with EC requirement ?

Please suggest, it will be really helpful.

ash123

Re: Urgent : EC application Clarifications

Post by ash123 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:47 am

cottongear wrote:I am planning to apply for the EC this weekend and request suggestions on the following :

1. What email address we should give for "6.4.7 What is your employers email address ? ".
Should we give my project manager's or my "HR contact person" or our organisations "HR Head". I work for a really big organisation and org structure is quite complex and I dont think there will be THE email id for an organisation.
-- i think you can mention your company's website here. Gurus pls help.
cottongear wrote: 2. In the Integra Verfication form : In educational Information section, for "Name as per certificate" - should we enter "my name" as in the certifcate or the "course name" ?
-- your name possibly as <surname> <first name> <middle name> format
cottongear wrote: 3. Job Hunt: I have been trying very hard to get some interview calls or emails informing the recruiters interest in my profile by posting my resume over various job sites. I only have 2-3 mails by recruiters mentioning their interest in my profile. I am not sure if this is sufficient for me to convince the EC officers.
Please suggest if there are any other alternatives.
-- yes it would be sufficient. put in your resume and job match print outs approx 10-15 should be enough.
cottongear wrote: 4. Accomodation: Though I tried for some help from my contacts, I am not able to get the required docs from them. And, only option left seems to be hotel booking from www.booking.com
Can I book any economy hotels on booking.com without going through their reviews etc. just to comply with EC requirement ?
-- yes.. as long as the booking is done for 2 weeks min.
cottongear wrote: Please suggest, it will be really helpful.

cottongear

Post by cottongear » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:31 pm

What should be the minimum gap between the date of applying for EC and the hotel booking start date ?

I am planning to give one month (i.e., applying for EC on March 3rd and show hotel booking for 2-3 weeks starting from April First week). But, if my company notice period is max of 1 month then I should be booking hotel after 2 months of visa application date.

Not sure if I am complicating the things, but just trying to be very safe.