ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March EC applicants here!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

crusador0408
Member of Standing

March EC applicants here!!

Post by crusador0408 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:32 am

Hi all,
I didnt come across March EC applicants thread, so starting one here!

Whole process took me half an hour including biometric / Here goes the story.
Go to VFS early, opens around 8 am. Its good to take appointment early, if not you need to be in queue for submission of documents irrespective of visa category. You enter and take token, and wait for your turn inside. First step is to pay the fee, its 16000 for visa + 100 for processing by VFS + optional courier ( 170 something). you will get receipt for payment in cash.
I didnt choose courier as all documents are in original so will pick it up fro VFS. It will delay documents and passport by three days.

First, VFS officer asked me my passport and receipt of payment.
Then he asked me to give him all original documents first. He kept aligning those in the following sequence:
-Application form VAF2
-Performa
-Integra
-Cover letter
-HSMP approval letter
-First and second Employer documents ( experience cert,relieving cert, offer letters) If it is one employer in last one year, you can attach one
-Latest bank statement after HSMP
-Payslips + copies
-Last 3 years IT returns, however I had only two till now.
-10th,12th and highest degree certificates + copies
-Job adverts + copies of professional certifications in your field
-Driving license
-Accomodation, I mentioned at the end of application form, will book it after visa.
-CA letter , proofs including PPF NSC Bank statement n parents affidavit
-Xerox copies of all 36 pages of passport plus certficates , marksheets, payslips
-Additional documents if you submitted while HSMP, I had to submit employer certificate in relation to my salary ( Exceptional case)
-Get an additional xerox of passport front and back pages for acknowledgement . Visa officer will stamp it and give you back with receipt bearing reference number

After submission, he will ask you to proceed towards biometrics section. You need to wait for your turn with the file of your documents also containing assessment sheet by VFS officer. I took that out and saw what all he marked for my case. at the end of document, it is also udnersigned by VFS officer saying that if the applicant has submitted document agreeig witht he suggestion of any additional document by VFS officer. He has to tick yes or no...like that it gives an idea to consulate officer to quickly move through documents. Then I was called for biometrics, there he takes prints of all 10 fingers.

Thats all, Now fingers crossed for one month as its forwarded to BDHC chennai!

Good luck to all those in line to file EC under HSMP.

Respects,
Harman
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

cottongear

Re: March EC applicants here!!

Post by cottongear » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:46 pm

Dear Harman,

Thanks for the info. I am planning to apply by this weekend. I have two clarifications :

1. Don't we have to show any hotel booking done in advance as suggested in few threads ?

2. Do we have to give orginal NSCs ? Actually, I have pledged NSCs and have opened an Overdraft account with a nationalised bank. This OD amount is not in my account, but, I am planning to show this OD under the Liquid Funds. I will also provide the photocopies and a letter from the bank mentioning the OD facility I have. Please suggest if this OK.
crusador0408 wrote: Accomodation, I mentioned at the end of application form, will book it after visa.
-CA letter , proofs including PPF NSC Bank statement n parents affidavit

sunny9675
BANNED

Post by sunny9675 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:26 pm

i am not sure but od will not a right move

that is like you dont have funds and if some thig goes wrong u will need publc funds

in reality they dot give any fund to anyone (hsmp/ workpermit)

cottongear

Post by cottongear » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:09 am

Hi Sunny,

Its not that I dont have enough money. But, I have loan commitments of about 95% of my present salary whose EMI shows up in my bank statements. So, I want to give them the proof of funds much more than necessary. Here is my break up:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Particulars---------------------Amount In Rs.------Amount in Pounds
Equity Holdings-----------------2,95,131.35---------3,690.53
Savings Account Balance---------1,56,517.50---------1,957.20
Over Draft Facility-------------1,77,000.00---------2,213.33
Provident Fund Balance----------1,94,783.00---------2,435.70
Total------Rs.8,23,431.90------GBP. 10,296.76
Please let me know if this is ok.

sunny9675 wrote:i am not sure but od will not a right move

that is like you dont have funds and if some thig goes wrong u will need publc funds

in reality they dot give any fund to anyone (hsmp/ workpermit)

crusador0408
Member of Standing

good luck!

Post by crusador0408 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:38 pm

cottongear

Answers r followed by your queries:
>>1. Don't we have to show any hotel booking done in advance as suggested in few threads ?
No need, hotel accomodation is not necessary. I have enquired it well from some people who have been serving communities for years.
Nowhere I saw it as a mandatory requirement that you have to arrange something. In case you want to do, go ahead as it doesnt costs you anything. You can cancel it two days before. but do it with a good timeframe in between as you need to mention a probable date of reaching UK at first page of VAF2 form. Say You are applying today 6march. tell them you want to reach UK by 16 April. Also book hotel from 16april.

2. Do we have to give orginal NSCs ? Actually, I have pledged NSCs and have opened an Overdraft account with a nationalised bank. This OD amount is not in my account, but, I am planning to show this OD under the Liquid Funds. I will also provide the photocopies and a letter from the bank mentioning the OD facility I have. Please suggest if this OK.

>>> Xerox copies of NSC signed by appropriate authorities and stamp will do.
The way I saw your finances in last post, only equity and savings is enough. Showing larger amounts doesnt increase your chances but in easy and good way optimal amount is better than that. like yours is more than 4 lakh for equity n savings account.just go with tht.

Respects,
Harman

sunny9675
BANNED

Post by sunny9675 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:08 pm

hi

od will not count surely

dont show od as your fund as per my advice and this sum is good for one person if you are with famly than 90% chance to fail but one person fine (admn barrier )

all the best

with good wishes

Regards

crusador0408
Member of Standing

EC query

Post by crusador0408 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:27 pm

Any idea if integra is done fast, then visa can be processed fast?
Or BHC takes atleast 18 working days.

A friend of mine got EC in 4 days flat, but applied from singapore not in india.
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

vish_shan

Post by vish_shan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:15 am

Hi all,

I have submitted my documents for today and keeping my fingers crossed.

Vishnu

Hsmp Aproval date : 8th Feb
Ec Applied date : March 7th
Vfs Centre : Chennai
Result : Awaiting.

catchme1210
Newly Registered

Post by catchme1210 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:22 am

hey Crusador,whats your EC status?

I have taken appointment for 12th March 08. Will pay the Visa fees of 16000/- at Stanchart Bank itself.

others please share your timelines. Looks like these days the turnaround time has reduced considerably.

bphanirajkumar

Post by bphanirajkumar » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:40 am

Hi Cottaongear,

Can you tell me what document you submitted for Provident fund?

Regards,
Phani.

cottongear

Post by cottongear » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:59 am

Hi Phani,

I took an online statement from the Hewitt website (who is managing our organisation's employees pf) and got it attested from HR.

bphanirajkumar wrote:,
Can you tell me what document you submitted for Provident fund?

Phani.
Regards,
CottonGear

ravikiranb
Newly Registered

Post by ravikiranb » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:52 am

I apllied for EC on March 3rd. Any one applied on the same day?

Now i need my passport urgently for another Visa. what can i do? pls suggest me..

anan_78
Newly Registered

Post by anan_78 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:08 am

My timelines:
HSMP Approval: jan 29th
EC Applied: 7th March

Btw, few things I noticed while submitting application:
- Original Driving license are not accepted, in last moment I gave xerox copy (quality of xerox was pathetic, but can;t help), so plz make note of this.
- VFS officer did not asked me explicitly many documents (like degree etc), instead I provided, so please ensure you submitted all the documents even if it not asked.
- Take copies of all the pages of main application, integra & performa, passport (only personal details), employment documents. This will save time & also you can ensure all documents went through properly.

Now awaiting, I tried tracking my application through vfs site but always get "Invalid search", is it that I had to wait few more days to get some update? Anyone with similiar experience?

Thanks.

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:36 pm

anan_78 wrote:My timelines:
HSMP Approval: jan
- Original Driving license are not accepted, in last moment I gave xerox copy (quality of xerox was pathetic, but can;t help), so plz make note of this.
-Now awaiting, I tried tracking my application through vfs site but always get "Invalid search", is it that I had to wait few more days to get some update? Anyone with similiar experience?

Thanks.
Hi,
I submitted my original DL, VFS officer didnt object to that. The guy was pretty kind n couteous. I showed him my interest what all I like to attach, so he didnt object.
Regarding tracking the application, check reference number from your receipt.
it should be somewhat like ABCD/070308/12312312/1
then date of birth.

For me it says app has been forwarded to BHC.

Respects,
Harman

cottongear

VFS EC - What happens if we visit without appointment ?

Post by cottongear » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:40 pm

I am planning to apply for EC tomorrow in VFS Bangalore. When I asked for earlist available appointment preferably 8 am, they gave me on 19 March 08, which is quite late.

So, I am planning to go without any appointment (preferaly tomorrow or the day after). What are the consequences ? What will be the best time or best weekday to visit VFS Bangalore ?

Many Thanks,
CG

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:59 pm

If appointment is not fitting in your schedule, go there as early as possible, may be 7 30 or so to avoid heavy rush.

dhirajhotjat
Newly Registered

Need to apply before 1st April for EC having HSMP approval

Post by dhirajhotjat » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:46 am

Hi guys,
Struggling now with lots of rumors, Kindly clear it all,
I got HSPM on 1st feb 2008 some are telling you have only one month transition period to apply EC (Mar 2008). if you apply after march you have to apply under Tier 1 and need to give more money for Stamping and all.... just guide me...waiting for reply.........
:( :( :( :( :(

hsmpsri.k
Newly Registered

Regarding EC i have few Queries

Post by hsmpsri.k » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:03 am

Hi All,

I am planning to apply EC next month (April).I have two queries regarding EC.

1) I am planning to take Rs 3, 00,000 lacs loan from Bank .I have to submit any proof from bank for Loan amount.

2) Can I ask post dated VISA approximately after three months? I have three month notice period in my present company. Suppose I am applying in April 10th for EC. Can I get VISA dated on July 15th.

Thanks,
Srini

catchme1210
Newly Registered

Post by catchme1210 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:01 am

I submitted my HSMP Visa application today at VFS-Pune centre. I had taken a prior appointment for 8:45am, but reached late by 2 hours. Luckily they allowed me in :) There was lot of rush there. I hadn't taken the xerox of VAF2 and proforma, so took it there at the rate of 1/- per copy of pathetic print :(
They didn't accept my original Driving License nor my visiting card. The officer told that they have stopped accepting any type "cards". we need to give a copy if desired. So I gave a copy of my DL.

my timelines:
HSMP approval : 13th Nov 2007
EC applied @ VFS pune: 12th March 2008
Result: awaited

anyone who applied from VFS-pune?

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Re: Need to apply before 1st April for EC having HSMP approv

Post by crusador0408 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:37 pm

dhirajhotjat wrote:Hi guys,
Struggling now with lots of rumors, Kindly clear it all,
I got HSPM on 1st feb 2008 some are telling you have only one month transition period to apply EC (Mar 2008). if you apply after march you have to apply under Tier 1 and need to give more money for Stamping and all.... just guide me...waiting for reply.........
:( :( :( :( :(
350 pounds is fee for you , if you applying in april or onwards.
You will be applying under tier1 only,HSMP is unavailable.

vish_shan

Re: Regarding EC i have few Queries

Post by vish_shan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:15 pm

Hi srini,

1. If you are applying after April 1st, Then there are few +ves and -ves .
+ve - U would get EC stamped for 3 years.
-Ve - English proficiency certificate is compulsory . They are not accepting any certificate from UNIVERSITY .

Check out the following link for more details.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... ofchanges/

Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules HC 321 - February 2008 (1.0M opens in a new window)

2. Regarding any amount which is deposited into your account whic is bulk say more than your salary. You should provide apporpriate document or evidence in support of the deposit.

3. You can always ask for a postdated EC , But i dont have idea if they would give it after 3 months or so. Better ask after 2 months.

Regards,
Vishnu.
hsmpsri.k wrote:Hi All,

I am planning to apply EC next month (April).I have two queries regarding EC.

1) I am planning to take Rs 3, 00,000 lacs loan from Bank .I have to submit any proof from bank for Loan amount.

2) Can I ask post dated VISA approximately after three months? I have three month notice period in my present company. Suppose I am applying in April 10th for EC. Can I get VISA dated on July 15th.

Thanks,
Srini

vish_shan

Post by vish_shan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:32 pm

Hi all,

I would like to summarise my experience at VFS CHENNAI on MAR 7th.

I had dropped at the VFS office at around 9.30 AM without any prior appointment. I had to wait for 2 and half hours for my turn (If you have an appointment the waiting time would be half an hour ). I have just carried only the documents which i thought of submitting in a plastic cover. But i have noticed that they are even allowing bags to carry inside but only with documents. I sugest to carry all the documents what ever present with you irrespective of the documents needed.

I have submitted all the documents mentioned below . Copy of the documents are specified by the VFS for integra verification.

1.VAF2 form+copy
2.Integra form+copy
3.HSMP points proforma - copy not required
4.HSMP Approval letter
5. All docs sent for HSMP
6. Passport - Copy is not required but i insisted them to attach them as i have send it for HSMP approval
7. 2 Photos
8.Current employment details(sal slips, bank statements, offer letter)
8.All experience letters.
9. Degree marksheet - They asked for all the degree marksheets starting from 1st to 8th semesters - copy of only 8th semester
10. 10th and 12th marksheets
11. Proof of hotel booking
13. Casg of INR 16000 + 100 INR service tax
14. Asset letter from CA + mutual fund statements, bank statements(already given) for liquid funds.Totally i showed 4000 pounds.

Well thts it from my side. Now just keeping my fingers crossed and waiting for the result.

Feel free to contact for any help required.

All d best.

Vishnu.

Hsmp Aproval date : 8th Feb
Ec Applied date : March 7th
Vfs Centre : Chennai
Result : waiting.

anan_78
Newly Registered

Re: Regarding EC i have few Queries

Post by anan_78 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:53 am

vish_shan wrote:Hi srini,

1. If you are applying after April 1st, Then there are few +ves and -ves .
+ve - U would get EC stamped for 3 years.
-Ve - English proficiency certificate is compulsory . They are not accepting any certificate from UNIVERSITY .

Check out the following link for more details.

http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... ofchanges/

Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules HC 321 - February 2008 (1.0M opens in a new window)
I don't think the proficiency certificate is required even in Tier1, the above document states that it they will allow certificate for "academic" qualification equivalent to UK degree. Hence I suppose existing (HSMP) rule for English proficiency stays.

KReddy
Newly Registered

EC time lines increased

Post by KReddy » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:32 pm

It seems EC is taking 20 working days now a days especially from CHENNAI BHC. Mumbai guys are getting it very fast within 10 working days

Madhumita
Newly Registered

Need help on showing funds

Post by Madhumita » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:29 pm

I have Rs.2.5 lakh with me but do not know how to show the funds. I procured this from a friend. The friend cannot give me a sponsor letter as IT Returns will be an issue

I have gold worth around Rs.2 lakh, kept in locker

Mutual Funds worth Rs.25000, can be released

Do not know the amount in my EPF account, but should be around Rs.60000

Bank balance, Rs.40000 + Rs.15000

Can someone suggest on how I can show funds for my EC?

HSMP Received: Jan 2
Planning to apply for EC next week