ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March EC applicants here!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

enthulon
Newly Registered

Re: Need help on showing funds

Post by enthulon » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:39 pm

I applied for my EC under tier 1 on Monday 10th March. It was received on 11th March. I have not received ref number yet. I already had hsmp approval. I have applied within uk and switching from work permit to Tier 1.

Will keep you all updated with the progress

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Re: Need help on showing funds

Post by crusador0408 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:45 am

Madhumita wrote:I have Rs.2.5 lakh with me but do not know how to show the funds. I procured this from a friend. The friend cannot give me a sponsor letter as IT Returns will be an issue

I have gold worth around Rs.2 lakh, kept in locker

Mutual Funds worth Rs.25000, can be released

Do not know the amount in my EPF account, but should be around Rs.60000

Bank balance, Rs.40000 + Rs.15000

Can someone suggest on how I can show funds for my EC?

HSMP Received: Jan 2
Planning to apply for EC next week
You have enough of your own stuff only, no need for friends money.
GOld, mutual funds, EPF can all be summarised in a CA letter. What you do is get the xerox copies certified from concerned authorities. Like in PPF< i would say post office people will stamp the xerox copy of submission of your amount.
Mutual funds you dont need to liquify but you can get the statements from your fund house.
Bank statements you can get it from your bank and get it stamped or get it on the letterhead under original print( no need for signature n seal then).
Take all this stuff to a CA and he will get the stuff arranged...
In case you are from hyderabad, let me know. That CA charges 500 INR.

Incase of more doubts, message me.

good luck!
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

sameerg
Newly Registered

No Liquid Funds - Pls advise

Post by sameerg » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:54 am

Hi,

I have submitted my initial HSMP application on 12/MAR/2008 from Mumbai. Waiting for the Approval letter.

I dont have liquid funds to show GBP4000/- as I had invested all the monday in my house.

Can anyone pls suggest how to go about applying for EC ?
Would it help if I show Property papers ?
Would JOB offer help ?
Do I need to show Friend in UK who can sponcer me ?

Thanks
Sameer

nerellg
Newly Registered

Need to travel UK immediatly (Post Dated Visa)

Post by nerellg » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:39 pm

Hi,

I have applied under HSMP Visa category and I got valid visa from
April 18th 2008 as I have mentioned that I will be travelling to UK on
April 18 2008.

But unexpectedly I got an offer from UK and the employer is asking to
join in UK within 15 days, in any case is this possible to travel
before April 18 if I request for any changes in Current Visa /
applying the new Visa

I request you to kindly provide me the information.

Thanks & Regards

nerellg

vish_shan

Re: No Liquid Funds - Pls advise

Post by vish_shan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:43 pm

Hi Sameer,

Find the answers for ur queries. All answers are gathered from my experiecne when gathering info for applying for EC.

I have submitted my initial HSMP application on 12/MAR/2008 from Mumbai. Waiting for the Approval letter.

>>>>>So By the time u get the approval u would be falling under TIER 1 category.

I dont have liquid funds to show GBP4000/- as I had invested all the monday in my house.

>>>>>> You need to show only 2800 GBP . This can be movable or immovable assets(like u say house). But suggest to have atleast 2 LACS in CASH in ur bank account. U can get CA letter which shows cumilating all the assets for u . But Remember for each and evey single penny you show there should be evidence .

>>>> Two main things are important for EC . Liquid Assets to show that u can support urself during intial stay. Secondly all the details of the Employment . If u have all these documents then nothing to worry.

>>>>It doesnt really help if u have minimun assets of 2800 GBP (best if you have 3500 GBP ) with you apart form property.

Would JOB offer help ?
>>> Definetly it owuld help you if u have an offer.

Do I need to show Friend in UK who can sponcer me
>>>It requires more documents from your friend if he wants to support you.But if you are booking a HOTEL , its simpler because u need to show only booking details.

For more details , U can post on to this forum.

All d best.

Cheers,
Vishnu.

Hsmp Aproval date : 8th Feb
Ec Applied date : March 7th
Vfs Centre : Chennai
Result : waiting.
sameerg wrote:Hi,

Would JOB offer help ?
Do I need to show Friend in UK who can sponcer me ?

Thanks
Sameer

phoenix.hsmp
Newly Registered

EC Application Today.

Post by phoenix.hsmp » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:22 pm

Hi All,

HSMP Approval: 5th Feb, 2008

Wanted to share my EC experience with you. I applied today at VFS, Pune. Took a prior appointment. I applied alongwith my wife as dependent with the following documents:

DOCUMENTS FOR ME
01.VAF2 form + Copy of Specific Pages
02.Integra form + Copy
03.HSMP Points Proforma + Copy
04.HSMP Approval letter + Copy
05.All Docs sent for HSMP
06.Passport + Copy
07.2 Photos
08a.Current Employment Details(Appointment Letter, Salary Slips(Total 12 Months Attested Slips(Since they were with my HSMP Documents) + 6 Months Attested (Redundant, Extra Slip was only Feb 08 which was not submitted for HSMP)), Bank Statements, Visiting Card, Hike Letter)
08b.2 Years IT Returns
09.All Experience and Appointment Letters.
10a.Degree Marksheets, Certificate and Copies.
10b.10th and 12th Marksheets
10c.Certification Originals + Copies
11.Proof of Hotel Booking
13.Draft of INR 16000 + 170 INR Courier Charges.
14.Original Asset Letter from CA, Saving Bank Account Statement (6000+ GBP), PPF Account Statement Copy (1200+ GBP), Jeweller Evaluation (2300+ GBP).
15. Job Hunt Details, Email Exchange with Consultants

DOCUMENTS FOR DEPENDENT
01.VAF2 form
02.Passport + Copy
03.2 Photos
04a.Current Employment Details(Appointment Letter, Salary Slips, Bank Statements)
04b.2 Years IT Return
05.Marriage Certificate, Photos, Invitation Card.
06.Draft of INR 16000 + 170 INR Courier Charges.
07.Sponsorship Letter from Me, With my CA Certifcate Copy Attached.
08. Job Hunt Details, Email Exchange with Consultants

I got a reference number and was told that it would take about 15 days for me to get back my passport. Waiting for the same now. Thanks for all the help i got on these forums.

GKdada
Newly Registered

Query for dependent

Post by GKdada » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:28 am

Hi friends,

Currently I m in UK,I had applied for HSMP when I was in India and then received HSMP approval letter after coming here in UK.Here I am planning to apply for FLR but at them same time I wanted dependent visa for my wife.BUt as she is not with me in UK ,I cannot apply for her . I am coming back to India in June and apprently apply for dependent visa for my wife.
Can anybody tell me what docs I may need for dependent visa and VISA fees?

Your help will be appreciated.

Regards
-GKdada

cottongear

EC Query - Loan Details, Property

Post by cottongear » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:44 am

A friend of mine has these queries on EC:

1. He has enough liquid assets but he has a property loan whose EMI is paid from his salary account. CA is insisting him to show the loan liabilities. Do we have to show the loan details in the CA letter ? What if we dont show it ?

2. Also, the property is in joint name of his spouse. Should we mention this ? If we mention this will have to supported with a sponsorship letter ?

3. If he has to take a sponsorship letter from his spouse, should we have to get a CA letter for her also (to prove that she has enough funds to spport him) ? Can somebody send this template ?

Thanks,
CG

shirisha
Newly Registered

Applying for EC in March 2008

Post by shirisha » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:23 am

Hi,

Can anybody please tell me what is Integra and Performa.
do we get seperate application forms to fill for these?

thanx

shirisha
Newly Registered

Post by shirisha » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:26 am

sorry proforma

dhirajhotjat
Newly Registered

Today Applied for EC as i got HSMP on feb 1st

Post by dhirajhotjat » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:18 am

Today Finally i have applied for EC for me and my Wife...in VFS bangalore

For me they havent taken 10th & 12th Marksheets they told it is not requierd now?? kindly update it is OK..

Now i have to wait for Integra Screen.

Just Want to know how Integra intrecats with Current employer?
Will they tell that i have applied for UK visa so i need to update company that you will be getting mail from Integra....like so..

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:35 am

dhiraj, yes they will tell about who are they and why they are calling. but in case they can get info without that ...they wont reveal unnecessary information.
they are very professional in their jobs....rest i cant explain as thats only from my experience of reading on other groups. but its always good to play on safer side...just letting your manager know abt that. so that when HR informs your boss, he shudnt be getting instant news/shock.
good luck!
I have my ILR since march 2013, previously based on HSMP+Tier1 ext. All views are my own, am not a professional on immigration matters.

Sukhdeep

Post by Sukhdeep » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:41 am

Friends I want to know:
1. What are the various options to pay for EC Fee at VFS?
2. Can we use Credit Cards for this?

Thanks
Sukhdeep

catchme1210
Newly Registered

Post by catchme1210 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:26 am

Hi Sukhdeep,

These are the three options available.

Option 1 - Surcharge Free Option

You may visit any of the Standard Chartered Bank branches in the cities below to pay your visa fee. The bank will issue a banker's cheque in favour of the British High Commission/British Deputy High Commission which will be valid for presentation with your application at a Visa Application Centre for 6 months from the date of issue. Please note that you need to pay only the visa fee at the Standard Chartered Bank branches and no service charge will be levied for this service.

Please visit the below link for list of StanChart branches

http://www.vfs-uk-in.com/wheretopay.aspx

Option 2 - Demand Draft

You can pay the visa fee by getting a demand draft from any bank in favour of the "British High Commission" payable in New Delhi in case you are submitting in Northern India or in favour of the "British Deputy High Commission" payable in Chennai, Mumbai or Kolkata depending on your region of submission. Bank charges for this service will vary.

Option 3 - At the Visa Application Centres:

You can also pay the visa fee at the time you lodge your application at the Visa Application Centres. Standard Chartered Bank facilities are located in all Visa Application Centres for this purpose. Please note that Standard Chartered Bank will apply a service charge of Rs.100 (inclusive of taxes) for this facility.

ash123

Post by ash123 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:50 am

I am getting an "Invalid search" message when checking status on the VFS website. anyone facing the same issue?
Applying for Tier 1 Dependant visa for baby

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Post by crusador0408 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:59 am

ash123 wrote:I am getting an "Invalid search" message when checking status on the VFS website. anyone facing the same issue?
yes...for me too! its showing invalid search. May be some maintenance going on .

Just to inform that there are already 3 holidays at BDHC chennai in this month on 6 march good friday(21) and easter monday (24).
So our visa wait minimum is 18 working days , i.e. by april first week.I filed in 5 march
Can you collect info from other ppl who applied in March for EC ?

ash123

List of EC Applicants

Post by ash123 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:31 am

List of people who have applied for EC in march.

ravikiranb - March 3rd
crusador0408 - March 5th
vish_shan - March 7th
anan_78 - March 7th
ash123 - March 10th
enthulon - March 10th
catchme1210 - March 12th
cottongear - March 13th
phoenix.hsmp - March 14th
dhirajhotjat - March 17th

Please include a signature in your profile stating the EC application date, integra check status and Visa status.

cottongear

How to check the EC status ?

Post by cottongear » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:59 am

How do I check the status of my EC application ? Are there any online link available ?
I applied on 13th from Bangalore VFS.

Thanks and Regards,
CG

ash123

Post by ash123 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:52 am

hxxps://www.vfs.org.in/ApplicantStatus.aspx

[replace 'xx' with 'tt']

Enter your application number followed by dob
currently it seems to be down.. try after some time..

cottongear

How to get the EC application number ?

Post by cottongear » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:26 pm

ash123 wrote: Enter your application number followed by dob..
How do we get the EC application number ?

Thanks,
CG

ash123

Re: How to get the EC application number ?

Post by ash123 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:32 pm

cottongear wrote:
ash123 wrote: Enter your application number followed by dob..
How do we get the EC application number ?

Thanks,
CG
it's there on your Visa Fee receipt.. it'll be something like :
BLAC/....

vish_shan

Post by vish_shan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:36 pm

Hi ,

Even i am getting invalid search when trying to view my application status.
Hey crusador include ur VFS centre also in yr messages.

Hsmp Aproval date : 8th Feb
Ec Applied date : March 7th
Vfs Centre : Chennai
Result : waiting.

Vishnu.

ash123 wrote:hxxps://www.vfs.org.in/ApplicantStatus.aspx

[replace 'xx' with 'tt']

Enter your application number followed by dob
currently it seems to be down.. try after some time..

crusador0408
Member of Standing

Re: List of EC Applicants

Post by crusador0408 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:55 pm

ash123 wrote:List of people who have applied for EC in march.

ravikiranb - March 3rd
crusador0408 - March 5th
vish_shan - March 7th
anan_78 - March 7th
ash123 - March 10th
enthulon - March 10th
catchme1210 - March 12th
cottongear - March 13th
phoenix.hsmp - March 14th
dhirajhotjat - March 17th

Please include a signature in your profile stating the EC application date, integra check status and Visa status.
nice work dude!! kudos!

Sukhdeep

JUST FOR INFORMATION FRIENDS:

Post by Sukhdeep » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:07 am

Dear Mr. Sukhdeep Singh,

Thank you for contacting VFS UK Visa Helpdesk.

With regard to your query,

This is to keep you informed that the new procedures for the HSMP approval is only applicable for people who are yet to apply for the HSMP approval and not for HSMP visa processing.

If any one who has already received the HSMP approval can apply anytime before or after April they will follow the old process and the old fees of Rs.16000/-.

We hope the above information has been of help to you. If you require any further assistance please feel free to contact us. Our contact details are as given below.

Thanks & Regards

UK Helpdesk

Helpline no – 080-40084008

SMS VISA <SPACE> UK <SPACE> PASSPORT NO to 57333 receive the status of your application.

Please book all appointment in advance to submit your applications.

Visit www.vfs-uk-in.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 2:04 PM
To: vfsuk.south@vfs-uk-in.com
Subject: EC Query

Respected Sir/Madam

I got HSMP Approval letter in Jan and I am planning to apply for EC around 25th March 2008.

My Queries are :

1. If my application is not approved by 31 March , what will happen to my application

2. Can I apply in april or may with old rules for EC in India. If yes then will the rules applied will be exactly same as now. If there will be some difference then what that will be?

On http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/workin ... angements/ I was reading following lines:

The Highly Skilled Migrant Programme (HSMP) has closed for applicants in the United Kingdom, and will be closing for applicants in India in April now that Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker of the points-based system has been introduced. If you are in the rest of the world, you will be able to apply later in the year.

On 1 April 2008 Tier 1 (General) is introduced for applications for permission to enter (known as 'entry clearance') made in India.

There will be a number of applicants who will be part-way through the two-stage application process (application for HSMP approval letter followed by a separate application for the associated entry clearance or leave to remain). A number of people will have already successfully applied for an HSMP approval letter but will have yet to apply for entry clearance or leave to remain. HSMP approval letters are valid for six months from the date of issue.

Arrangements have been put in place to allow those who have an HSMP approval letter to apply for entry clearance or further leave to remain by making a Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker application. They are:

if you have made an application for entry clearance as a highly skilled migrant before 1 April 2008 in India only, and it has not been decided before that date;
if you have made an application for leave to remain as a highly skilled migrant before 28 February 2008, and it has not been decided before that date;
if, on 1 April 2008, you have already applied for a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme approval letter (HSMP approval letter) but have yet to apply for entry clearance as a highly skilled migrant; or
if, on 29 February 2008, you have already applied for or obtained an HSMP approval letter but have yet to apply for leave to remain as a highly skilled migrant.
If you apply with a valid HSMP approval letter, you are charged a reduced Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker fee for your application. Read the section on costs to work out the fee you must pay.

If you have been issued with an HSMP approval letter, you must now make a Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker application. You are automatically awarded the 75 points required to qualify under the attributes points assessment of Tier 1 (General) - highly skilled worker and will not need to show you meet the English language requirement.

You do not need to fill in the attributes section, so you can go straight to the maintenance section of the application form.

If you already have a valid HSMP approval letter, you should go to the maintenance section of the points assessment and complete the rest of the application form.

Thanks

Sukhdeep Singh

catchme1210
Newly Registered

Post by catchme1210 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:42 am

Hi guys(ash123,crusador0408),

It takes around a weeks time to get any status on the VFS site. For my application too it was showing "Invalid search" for all these days. It was only today that it fetched some result :)

I have a quick question here. When I had applied for EC, I didn't have any job offer in hand. Yesterday I cleared the final around of interview and now I have their offer in hand. Is there any way that i can fax this to British High Comission?

Any pointers will be helpful.
Application status: visa application forwarded to

the British High Commission 12 Mar 2008
Vfs Centre: Pune
Final Result: waiting