ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling with a Tier 1 (General) Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

spacekadet
Newly Registered

Travelling with a Tier 1 (General) Visa

Post by spacekadet » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:30 pm

Hi all. I live and work in the UK with a Tier 1 (General) Migrant visa. I am planning on traveling OUTSIDE of the UK for two months over the holidays. Are there any limitations I should be away of? As far as I can tell, I'll be let back in the country as long as I'm back within 2 years. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Monica

birdy1980

Re: Travelling with a Tier 1 (General) Visa

Post by birdy1980 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:16 pm

spacekadet wrote:Hi all. I live and work in the UK with a Tier 1 (General) Migrant visa. I am planning on traveling OUTSIDE of the UK for two months over the holidays. Are there any limitations I should be away of? As far as I can tell, I'll be let back in the country as long as I'm back within 2 years. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Monica
two months is no big deal Monica. Restrictions depends on which country you are going to. Switzerland requires no visa.. others will.

Yes your permit is valid for 2 years so u can work for 2 years or go and come back within those two years. Dont worry.
Birdy

Post by 1971 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:05 pm

Hi All,

I think you should be out of this country for more than 3 months in a year. So staying out of the UK for 2 years means you have gone against the rules and this will affect you ILR.Please, read the guidance rules again as there are a number of days that you can leave the UK to qualify for ILR.

Senior Members, please, advice accordingly.

Cheers.

Even the most educated amongst MEN still makes mistakes....

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:29 pm

If you plan to apply for ILR in the future then do not spend more than 90 days at one time outside the UK. And not more than 180 days in all in the 5 years preceding your ILR application.

Have read in some posts on this website that it's changed to 225 days and not 180 anymore but I am not sure, so double-check with UKBA.

regards
Life isn't fair, but you can be!