ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2010 - 11 UK Applicants Timelines

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

manupriyam
Newly Registered

Re: Waiting

Post by manupriyam » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:47 pm

Hi Again,

Yes my case is little complicated as I cam here in Oct 08 from New York. What I mean to say is that:

1. I was here for less then six months,
2. My pay slips from previous employer were processed by ADP, hence no signatures or anything,
3. Bank of America doesn't authenticate their statements, hence they are plain statements

But they all are global organisations and if UKBA wabts to verify then I am sure they would have contacts there to do that.

May be my case itself is complicated hence so much waiting....

Thanks

Manu
hsmptier1 wrote:Hi, Manu / Ramesh

I had been a quite silent reader of this forum & yes a waiting candidate
since 15th Jan-09...rediculous!!

I called them up nearly 4 times & same response as "Waiting to be processed",,,,to tell you more, my case is quite straight forward and no complications at all, my company has also not received any call yet,,,so in that case, yours is processing a step ahead.

Even I have no idea what to do in this kind of situation,,,if admins or Ramesh can throw some lights.

Regards

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:52 pm

aspirant09 wrote:thanks Ramesh,
do u know if its of any good to call twice in a day ?
do they keep records of the calls we make?

u r turning out to be our Tier1 Guru !!!! thanks again :)
I dont think it is a problem for them how many times you call.. but more than once in initial is not worth it... but once you are in 7th week (when it is abt to reach under consideration status) it is worth calling twice..

And to add to that, you dont want to keep on hold ur fellow applicants who wants to know their status.. :D

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:59 pm

hsmptier1 wrote:Hi, Manu / Ramesh

I had been a quite silent reader of this forum & yes a waiting candidate
since 15th Jan-09...rediculous!!

I called them up nearly 4 times & same response as "Waiting to be processed",,,,to tell you more, my case is quite straight forward and no complications at all, my company has also not received any call yet,,,so in that case, yours is processing a step ahead.

Even I have no idea what to do in this kind of situation,,,if admins or Ramesh can throw some lights.

Regards
Hsmptier1:
I am sorry to hear it is taking long time.. 15th Jan is when i applied also and got my visa on 10march...

As you said "waiting to be processed" this is not wat they say.. are they still saying "Awaiting Consideration" which is the first response they give.. after 6weeks.. if i am in your shoes.. when i call HO will try to find a soft hearted guys/gal while giving Ref no, dob, details and once he/she gives my status.. would ask for more info like why in my case it is taking too long.. where actually is my application (i know they dont know much info but they have more info on their screens than they tell us..)

why i say this becos.. on 6th march when i called them the lady told Under consideration n she also told your docs are not yet sent(which actualy is an extra info becos my stamping was done on 6th and she know that stamping has been done and is ready to be despatched... is that right..

so try to dig for that extra info by being little soft/sweet/patient/etc...

hope my experience helps you guys..

silentray

Post by silentray » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:16 pm

Hi,

My timeline is as follows:

Applied: 18th Feb
Received: 19th Feb
Fee Deducted: 19th Feb
Ref Received: 20th Feb
Documents received: 7th April

Many thanks for your help.
Last edited by silentray on Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Re: No News - Still waiting

Post by T_mahmood » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:38 pm

manupriyam wrote:Folks,

My Application date is Jan 23, 2009. WP to Tier 1. I called them up today and they say still under process.

Why so much delay in my case when othe rpeople are getting it in less then 4 weeks itself.

Are they checking out my credentials? My employer had received a call from them 3 weeks back. Its a torture for me...I tell you

Are there other peopple from January 2009 waiting too?

Thanks
I have applied for extention on 23rd Jan and HO received my application on 26th Jan.... my case has been changing from Awaiting consideration to under consideration and then again awaiting furthur consideration etc..... fed up calling them.....not sure whats going on...
Thinking low is crime....

hsmptier1
Newly Registered

Waiting

Post by hsmptier1 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:49 pm

Hi, Ramesh

Its me, Manu & now Mehmood,,,so I am sure there are quite few cases still pending applied after christmas break,,in your response I tried politely asking them twice to get more info but nothing worked.
And even though whatever statuses either "awaiting" or "further",,,it shoudn't be taking this long!! I am less worried only because my case is straight forward, but again why its such delay??

I just spoke to my consultant & there are hundreds of applicants still waiting after backlog of christmas & there is no standard process to follow FIFO at HO, that is for sure!!

I have also written to my local MP today detailing such height of unprofessional way of working even after charging a huge fee for renewal.

You guys also raise the voice if that works.

Regards

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:51 pm

My Application date is Jan 23, 2009. WP to Tier 1. I called them up today and they say still under process.

Why so much delay in my case when othe rpeople are getting it in less then 4 weeks itself.

Are they checking out my credentials? My employer had received a call from them 3 weeks back. Its a torture for me...I tell you

Thanks
There's no telling the timeline for HO, your case is not unusual. My application was sent beginning Jan '09 as well and status is AFC. Hopefully, we'll receive feedback sooner than later. All the best to those of us still waiting.
Good things come to those who wait.................

maheshnair
BANNED

applies 24th

Post by maheshnair » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:33 pm

H Guys ,

Applied on 24th Feb 2009 (hsmp --> tier1)
Today got call to my employer from HO for verification .
My employer said he replied positively and all is fine .

My worry is usually they dont contact employer unless they feel something strange . My employer said that since my salary is too high they could have got doubt as they did not call for other guys on lower pay scales .

Having high salary is also a problem :shock: . Looks that is why they were curious if i am bluffing .

fingures crossed . :roll:

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:16 am

can some post the link to new Urgent Treatment form please.

hsmptier1
Newly Registered

Waiting

Post by hsmptier1 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:28 am

Hi, Mehmood

HO don't consider any UTC these days,,,so I don't think that will make
anything speedier!! Even I have some commitments to visit my native country & sent over 2 weeks back but no effect.

No way except to hold on

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:37 am

hsmptier1 wrote:Hi, Ramesh

Its me, Manu & now Mehmood,,,so I am sure there are quite few cases still pending applied after christmas break,,in your response I tried politely asking them twice to get more info but nothing worked.
And even though whatever statuses either "awaiting" or "further",,,it shoudn't be taking this long!! I am less worried only because my case is straight forward, but again why its such delay??

I just spoke to my consultant & there are hundreds of applicants still waiting after backlog of christmas & there is no standard process to follow FIFO at HO, that is for sure!!

I have also written to my local MP today detailing such height of unprofessional way of working even after charging a huge fee for renewal.

You guys also raise the voice if that works.

Regards
Hi Hsmptier1.. n Mahmood.. i am really surprised to see you guys still waiting for the results..
Please do guide us/let us know in which way we can help you or put pressure on HO?? which i dont find any or know any.. but would be happy to raise my voice through proper channel.. pls suggest..

JacquiSmith_VeryNice
Newly Registered

Post by JacquiSmith_VeryNice » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:54 am

T_mahmood wrote:

Thanks
I have applied for extention on 23rd Jan and HO received my application on 26th Jan.... my case has been changing from Awaiting consideration to under consideration and then again awaiting furthur consideration etc..... fed up calling them.....not sure whats going on...
Most probably your passports are missing at Home Office, Home office is really inEfficient and irResponsible and they are not taking these issues seriously. It happened to me also. Hurry Up and call them.

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:35 am

Thanks
I Applied on 25-02-2009
Fee Taken : 27-02-2009
Ref Received : 28-02-2009

HO called my Employer to check my details on 1st April 2009

1 Week now still awaiting for HO response
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:18 am

Hi Guys

Some thing has been dispatched for me today by Home Office
Through Special Delivery .................

Applied on 25-02-2009
Fee Taken 27-02-2009
Ref : 28-02-2009
01-04-2008 Ho Rang my emp
07-04-2008 Rang Ho ( Some thing has been dispatched ) 12:ooPM
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

JacquiSmith_VeryNice
Newly Registered

Post by JacquiSmith_VeryNice » Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:42 am

kingfahad35 wrote:Hi Guys

Applied on 25-02-2009
Fee Taken 27-02-2009
Congratulations kingfahad35
Did you include special delivery prepaid envelop when sending your application?

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:35 pm

T_mahmood wrote:can some post the link to new Urgent Treatment form please.
Last time I checked they say if u have urgent travel plans then u will need to withdraw the application. Sems they r trying to discourage urgent treatment requests.

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:39 pm

kingfahad35 wrote:Hi Guys

Applied on 25-02-2009
Fee Taken 27-02-2009
Best of luck kingfahad, at last the wait is over you. Sure it'll be good news. Still awaiting further consideration since beginning of Jan. Dunno wot to do anymore as several calls have not yielded any other resultthan one line responses.

JacquiSmith_VeryNice
Newly Registered

Post by JacquiSmith_VeryNice » Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:50 pm

hoopsy wrote:
Last time I checked they say if u have urgent travel plans then u will need to withdraw the application. Sems they r trying to discourage urgent treatment requests.
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... smp/urgent

JacquiSmith_VeryNice
Newly Registered

Post by JacquiSmith_VeryNice » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:15 pm

JacquiSmith_VeryNice wrote:
hoopsy wrote:
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/siteco ... smp/urgent
pls see another link for urgent treatment: write all the details then send it to them by : Post, e-mail, Fax, and call them
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... est_flried

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:23 pm

[quote="JacquiSmith_VeryNice"]Thx Mate , Yes I Inclided prepaid Special Delivery pack
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:30 pm

Tracking number HO given me for Parcel,

I can not track any thing on Royal Mail webSite
:(
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

JacquiSmith_VeryNice
Newly Registered

Post by JacquiSmith_VeryNice » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:56 pm

kingfahad35 wrote:Tracking number HO given me for Parcel,

I can not track any thing on Royal Mail webSite
:(
Kingfahad35,
sometimes the crookes/sadists in homeoffice call center, will give you incorrect number. In that case you call them within half an hour and confirm your royal mail reference number. Do not believe on the information given by one person of homeoffice, call them more than once and confirm the number.

hoopsy

Post by hoopsy » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:59 pm

Kingfahad35,

I totally agree with Jacqui Smith Very Nice.........u need to confirm the number and information with 2-3 advisors at Ho so u r sure u have been given the correct info.
All the best

kingfahad35

Post by kingfahad35 » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:30 pm

Re: hoopsy
JacquiSmith_VeryNice
HO given me right number bcz I made note of tracking number when I enclosed prepaid return delivery pack.

Thx 4 information it may help me & some other members in future
Tier 1 (G) to ILR

T_mahmood
Member of Standing

Post by T_mahmood » Tue Apr 07, 2009 4:33 pm

I have faxed today Urgent treatment form and also checked the status. Its same answer 'awaiting furthur consideration'.

Applicant Recevied HO : 26th Jan
Category: Tier 1 Extention.
Status till today: from under consideration to awaiting furthur consideration.
Also faxed today UT form with evidence for business travel (letter from employer and air ticket).
Not sure they would consider it or not.