ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can we apply for Tier 1 before the expiry of old HSMP ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cottongear

Can we apply for Tier 1 before the expiry of old HSMP ?

Post by cottongear » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:18 pm

I had got HSMP visa in April 2008 which is for 2 years valid between 9-apr-08 to 9-apr-10. But, I could not travel because of some personal reasons and I wont be able to travel till feb 2010. In this case I will not be able to make use of my existing visa and I will have to apply for Tier 1 Visa by end of 2009 (that is before the expiry of my existng HSMP Visa).

My question now is : can we apply for Tier 1 visa before my expiry of my existing old HSMP visa ? I have explained my situation above, does anyone have better suggestions ?

Thanks,
CG

nksg

Post by nksg » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:23 pm

Hi cottongear

In my openion you should be able to.. as if you are in India you wont be able to qualify for the extn.. of existing HSMP.. Best is to check with your local VFS for the same.

N

cottongear

Post by cottongear » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:49 pm

Thanks nksg.

In terms of clarification, I dont have a good experience with VFS. So, I am thinking of contacting the BHC itself.
Do you have BHC their email id ?

Thanks,
CG