ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Masters Degree compulsory for Tier -1 ?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

cottongear

Is Masters Degree compulsory for Tier -1 ?

Post by cottongear » Sun May 31, 2009 2:29 pm

I am BE qualified and I would like to know if I can claim points based on this Bachelor Degree for Tier 1.

Sometimes back I had read in a news paper that minimum of Masters Degree is required for Tier 1 from April and when I checked in the points calculator, I was not able to procede further from qualification details page as mine is just a Bachelors Degree.
Would be great if somebody can clarify my doubt explained here above.

Thanks,
Cotton

push

Re: Is Masters Degree compulsory for Tier -1 ?

Post by push » Sun May 31, 2009 3:02 pm

cottongear wrote:I am BE qualified and I would like to know if I can claim points based on this Bachelor Degree for Tier 1.

Sometimes back I had read in a news paper that minimum of Masters Degree is required for Tier 1 from April and when I checked in the points calculator, I was not able to procede further from qualification details page as mine is just a Bachelors Degree.
Would be great if somebody can clarify my doubt explained here above.

Thanks,
Cotton
You already have HSMP EC stamped so you dont have to worry.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

cottongear

Post by cottongear » Sun May 31, 2009 5:18 pm

push_hsmp wrote:Cotton
You already have HSMP EC stamped so you dont have to worry.[/quote]

Yes, but it will be expired in April 2010 and I am in India now and wont be able to travel till April. So, this visa wont be of any use for me. That is why I am planning for back-up strategy. If I am not eligible for UK Visa, I would like to explore other countries (plz. suggest, if you are aware of other choices).)

push

Post by push » Sun May 31, 2009 6:24 pm

cottongear wrote:
push_hsmp wrote:Cotton
You already have HSMP EC stamped so you dont have to worry.
Yes, but it will be expired in April 2010 and I am in India now and wont be able to travel till April. So, this visa wont be of any use for me. That is why I am planning for back-up strategy. If I am not eligible for UK Visa, I would like to explore other countries (plz. suggest, if you are aware of other choices).)[/quote]oh that means you wont be eligible for an Extension (for not having earned sufficient amount in UK). I guess the other option for you is to look at Blue Card scheme of EU countries - they desperately need talent and immigrants due to rapidly ageing population. US is also like to make sweeping changes to its immigration policy and contrary to popular belief, immigration for skilled people will be much easier in future (based on some recent reports). Australia is a good option (but have been hearing some bad news about facial discrimination, especially against Indians). If you are skilled+have had international experience+are willing to relocate - there should be no reason why you for you to run out of options. Recession is a temporary blip - when things start moving upwards, there will be no dearth of opportunities (How fat or wide that blip on the time scale is - nobody knows!!).
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer