ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to submit change of circumstance form?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

silentray

Do I need to submit change of circumstance form?

Post by silentray » Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:54 am

Hi,

I am a Tier 1 Visa holder. I recently moved home. Can anyone let me know if I need to submit the "Change of Circumstance" form to UKBA to let them know my new address?

I understand I need to report police station about the move. Do I need to acknowledge UKBA as well?

Many thanks.

ChetanOjha

Re: Do I need to submit change of circumstance form?

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:00 pm

You can inform HO if you wish for your change of your address.
I don't understand why you need to inform/report Police for that?
silentray wrote:Hi,

I am a Tier 1 Visa holder. I recently moved home. Can anyone let me know if I need to submit the "Change of Circumstance" form to UKBA to let them know my new address?

I understand I need to report police station about the move. Do I need to acknowledge UKBA as well?

Many thanks.

Edo

Post by Edo » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:22 pm

chetanojha wrote:You can inform HO if you wish for your change of your address.
I don't understand why you need to inform/report Police for that?
And I dont understand why he needs to inform any of them? Does he think they really care or is it really important to inform them of the move? ..Or he just taking the bureaucracy of this country seriously for the sake of it? :D

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:37 pm

Ideally, you are obliged to inform HO for your whereabouts especially when you are on immigrant visa and changing residences though it is neither followed that seriously nor enforced by HO.
Regarding buerocracy, well you are supposed to follow till you get ILR ;-)
Edo wrote: And I dont understand why he needs to inform any of them? Does he think they really care or is it really important to inform them of the move? ..Or he just taking the bureaucracy of this country seriously for the sake of it? :D

OFCHARITY
Member of Standing

Post by OFCHARITY » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:52 am

Nationals of certain countries are required to register with the police and I believe they need to inform the police when they change address. If you are required to register with the police, it should say so on your visa. don't know that you are required to inform UKBA however
'In everything give thanks'