ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1(Gen) - Qualification from VTU (belgaum)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

guest06
Newly Registered

Tier1(Gen) - Qualification from VTU (belgaum)

Post by guest06 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:46 pm

Hi All,

I am planning to apply for Tier1 and have the following confustion.

I have done my post graduation from VTU (Belgaum) in the year 2002. All my degree marks cards and convocation certificate show the University's name as - Visveswaraiah Technological University, Belgaum'.

The UK (Tier1) points calculator has the Universities listed which do not need NARIC certification nor any letter from University proving the English language requirement. AM I RIGHT??. Please clarify.

The name of VTU has been changed from "VISVESWARAIAH TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, BELGAUM" TO "VISVESVARAYA TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, JNANA SANGAMA, BELGAUM"

The name "VISVESVARAYA TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, JNANA SANGAMA, BELGAUM" appears in the list of universities in the points calculator.

Please let me know if I need to submit any of the following to avoid confusion/risks-

1. If I have to get letter from VTU stating its just a name change and both are same.
2. If I have to get a letter from VTU saying medium of instruction was in English
3. If I have to get NARIC letter authorised.

anybody in the same situation can also enter their comments here.

Thanks.

Tier1Bangalore
Newly Registered

Post by Tier1Bangalore » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:06 am

Hi Guest 06

Some answers for you -
1. If I have to get letter from VTU stating its just a name change and both are same.

It will be better if u can provide a certificate from University regarding thename change as it will clear off the ambiguity .
2. If I have to get a letter from VTU saying medium of instruction was in English

If VTU shows up in the list of English (points calc) , then no need to show any other letter from university or any other source or NARIC

As you have written clearly that VTU shows up on point calc on both --- for qualification and for English , i strongly believe you are pretty much covered on both fronts , provide the letter from university regarding the name change , i think you are good to go .

Ask more if this doesnt help or you have doubts .....

Best of luck for your application.

jazz81
Newly Registered

Re: Tier1(Gen) - Qualification from VTU (belgaum)

Post by jazz81 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:33 pm

Get a letter its gud to be on safe side. ..
guest06 wrote:Hi All,

I have done my post graduation from VTU (Belgaum) in the year 2002. All my degree marks cards and convocation certificate show the University's name as - Visveswaraiah Technological University, Belgaum'.

The UK (Tier1) points calculator has the Universities listed which do not need NARIC certification nor any letter from University proving the English language requirement. AM I RIGHT??. Please clarify.

The name of VTU has been changed from "VISVESWARAIAH TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, BELGAUM" TO "VISVESVARAYA TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, JNANA SANGAMA, BELGAUM"

The name "VISVESVARAYA TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY, JNANA SANGAMA, BELGAUM" appears in the list of universities in the points calculator.

Please let me know if I need to submit any of the following to avoid confusion/risks-

Thanks.

user_name

Re: Tier1(Gen) - Qualification from VTU (belgaum)

Post by user_name » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:17 pm

HI guest06,

Did you manage to get a letter from the university?

Or have you got visa with out a letter?

Thanks
jazz81 wrote:Get a letter its gud to be on safe side. ..
guest06 wrote:Hi All,

Thanks.