ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLZ clear .. regarding Salary Proof

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

farazfastian

PLZ clear .. regarding Salary Proof

Post by farazfastian » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:59 pm

I'm still confused about salary proofs, plz consider..

I live in saudi arabia (non-tax country) and i cant supply tax returns. So i'm opting for 12 months salary slips and Employer Salary Certificate.

Just confirm its enough proof for salary??

i'm worry because of this para mentioned in latest Guidance Docs

--
24. If you work in a country that does not have a tax system then you should provide further information to prove your earned income. You should provide wage slips and bank statements as evidence. If you are exempt from paying tax you should provide evidence of this from the appropriate authorities.
--

I cant supply bank statment under salary category as i received my salary via Checks.

plz reply... thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:14 pm

Those cheques you receive in respect of your pay .... you pay them into your bank account? If so the bank statements show independent proof that you have received the money from your employer.
John

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:27 am

yes, i do submit my check in the bank.. but the problem is i was not doing it properly, sometimes i submit cash, sometime i submit in my other bank account.. Above all, its been just 1 year to me in
Saudi Arabia, so in the starting 4-5 months i didn't had bank account.
now wat do u say??

Vayu

Post by Vayu » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:55 pm

I was paid by cheque too. In this case, I think the best strategy is to provide multiple forms of evidence. Each of them on their own would not be very helpful, but overall they make a good case. I did the following and it worked:

-Photocopies of your cheques (before you send it to the bank)

-Your bank passbook/statement, highlighting where the cheques were depositied.

-A letter from the payroll department of your employer, confirming that it pays you what you say you get paid

-A letter from your manager saying the same thing

-An orginal copy of your contract, which outlines your salary, terms, and conditions.

sekhar_software

Post by sekhar_software » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:23 pm

You are right.

But, I would suggest not to put all evidences in too many sleeves put them crisp/organised and explain them on the sleeves attaching some kind os post-it notes.

Raj

Vayu

Post by Vayu » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:11 pm

sekhar_software wrote:You are right.

But, I would suggest not to put all evidences in too many sleeves put them crisp/organised and explain them on the sleeves attaching some kind os post-it notes.

Raj
Very true...I separated all my evidence into individual plastic sleeves and put a post-it-note on each one explaining what it was.

farazfastian

Post by farazfastian » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:03 pm

Thanks a lot for the informative reply..

i can submit only these proofs, tell me what are the chances..

- Photocopies of cheques

- A letter from manager / salary certificate

- An orginal copy of contract

- 12 months slips

I cant show bank statment as when i joined this company in Jeddah, my account was opened after 4-5 months coz of some WorkPermit issues.. and even after that sometimes i submit my check to one account or sometimes to other.. :(

plz guide..

Vayu

Post by Vayu » Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:27 pm

farazfastian wrote:Thanks a lot for the informative reply..

i can submit only these proofs, tell me what are the chances..

- Photocopies of cheques

- A letter from manager / salary certificate

- An orginal copy of contract

- 12 months slips

I cant show bank statment as when i joined this company in Jeddah, my account was opened after 4-5 months coz of some WorkPermit issues.. and even after that sometimes i submit my check to one account or sometimes to other.. :(

plz guide..
But surely you have a bank account now?

I think an original bank statement will be the deciding piece of evidence. Everything you have mentioned so far, while good, can be easily forged.

Even if the bank statement only covers the the past 8 or your 12 months in Saudi, it will be better than nothing.

You can always attach a cover note from your employer explaining that "due to unforseen factors Mr. "Farazfastian" was unable to be paid into a bank account until XX/XX/2004, even though he began paid employment with us 5 months earlier.

You can also send in a copy of every page of your passport to show that you were physically present in Saudi for the 5 months before your bank account was opened. This will help strengthen your application.

sekhar_software

Post by sekhar_software » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:14 pm

Thats true,

Whatever available you provide. Bank statement is a very strong evidence. So, dont neglect that.

As he said, Just explain your case detailedly and submit proofs (if you can) why you did not have bank accounts in the initial period.

If you have appointment letters and it states your salary component, you can include that also.

If possible send the originals, if you have no plans to send the originals (like cheques) then get that notarised and send that copy. HSMP does not believe in photo copies (they will simply ignore it).

So, be careful and spend sometime on this.

Raj