ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British PG Diploma: Does it qualify for Tier1 (GENERAL) Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sandy1981
Newly Registered

Re: Naric Statement

Post by sandy1981 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:29 am

npanglia wrote:

I approached AICTE to get the equivalency letter and also gave Rs 5000 as application fees. I applied for this in Nov last year and still no reply. Thanks to our lame government offificals. (One of the reason why I am moving to UK) I followed up with them last week where they informed me that Board meeting will happen soon (This is what I am hearing for last 8-9 months from different voices over the phone). I feel like going to court but that reminds me the judiciary system is even slow than AICTE. :roll:

If you want to discuss further to have a flavour of entire background :) , drop me your no. on my private mailbox
Why don't u claim points for ur bachelors instead? That should give u 30 PTA right?

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:41 am

I have already got my Tier 1 Visa but on the basis of Bachelors degree not Masters.

sandy1981
Newly Registered

Post by sandy1981 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:53 am

npanglia wrote:I have already got my Tier 1 Visa but on the basis of Bachelors degree not Masters.
Oh ok. I guess I have to go for the same option myself.

Cheers

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:06 am

sandy1981 wrote:
npanglia wrote:I have already got my Tier 1 Visa but on the basis of Bachelors degree not Masters.
Oh ok. I guess I have to go for the same option myself.

Cheers
The idea of getting Master equivalent is for your resume in UK, where you can demonstrate that you have master's degree and secure your chances of getting the job.

vmtier1aspirant
Newly Registered

Post Graduate Diploma

Post by vmtier1aspirant » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:48 am

Hi Everyone,

My case is slightly peculiar:

I hold a 2-year full-time Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA) certificate from a B-school in India. The same B-school has a tie-up with Southern New Hampshire University (erstwhile New Hampshire University) whereby they have awarded me an MBA degree from the University as well. When I sent these documents to UK NARIC, they evaluated the degrees above as equivalent to British post-graduate diploma standard.

My question is - If I want to select with the corresponding Band selection in the points calculator, can I select the Master's Degree as there is no separate option for Post-graduate Diploma?

Please help folks...

Regards,
V

geriatrix

Re: Post Graduate Diploma

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:23 am

vmtier1aspirant wrote:Hi Everyone,

My case is slightly peculiar:

I hold a 2-year full-time Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration (PGDBA) certificate from a B-school in India. The same B-school has a tie-up with Southern New Hampshire University (erstwhile New Hampshire University) whereby they have awarded me an MBA degree from the University as well. When I sent these documents to UK NARIC, they evaluated the degrees above as equivalent to British post-graduate diploma standard.

My question is - If I want to select with the corresponding Band selection in the points calculator, can I select the Master's Degree as there is no separate option for Post-graduate Diploma?

Please help folks...

Regards,
V
No because it is not equivalent to Masters degree as per UK standards. NARIC letter confirms the fact.

regards

vmtier1aspirant
Newly Registered

Post by vmtier1aspirant » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:04 am

Hi

But the UK. NARIC banding puts Post graduate diploma in the Master's band.

Regards
V

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:22 am

vmtier1aspirant wrote:Hi

But the UK. NARIC banding puts Post graduate diploma in the Master's band.

Regards
V
Don't understand what you mean.

Please explain how a qualification certified by NARIC as equivalent to UK post graduate diploma can be put in a Masters level banding when neither the award certificate certifies it as a Masters qualification nor does NARIC.

regards

vmtier1aspirant
Newly Registered

Post Graduate Diploma

Post by vmtier1aspirant » Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:27 am

The link should be:

https://www.naric.org.uk/documents/code ... pdf#page=7

Post graduate diploma falls under Band 12 which has a FHEQ of Masters.

Regards,
V

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:58 am

It's a good point as I am in the same boat,would appreciate response from members who have applied with a PGD recently.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:52 am

PGD doesn't become a Masters degree just because it falls under FHEQ band 7. Band 7 also includes postgraduate certificate qualification (NARIC band 11) so should that also be considered a Masters level qualification?

regards