ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help regarding earnings

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shanmukh
Newly Registered

help regarding earnings

Post by shanmukh » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:52 pm

hi all,

i just got quick & helpful reply from chetan who is a guru here. so, thought of clearing some more doubts..

i am working as a software engineer & looking forward to apply for visa in December 2nd week. after 6months probationary period, i started working as a self employed web developer working my free time. by end of November, my self employment earnings will be £4000 nearly (still i got to develop couple of websites though). i am short of £3500 to qualify for the visa which i recently came to know when i used PBS calculator.

do can i show my self earnings to get the points? if yes, what is the process? do i need a solicitor? is auditing enough with all the required documents?.. i tried to book appointment for personal interview but no dates available.

please help.. thanks in advance...

shanmukh
Newly Registered

Post by shanmukh » Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:58 pm

chetan...somebody help....

ChetanOjha

Re: help regarding earnings

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:04 pm

What's your current visa status? Are you on work permit or HSMP? It depends on your current visa status as well. If you are on WP, then you need to make sure you are not putting more than required hours of work to claim your earnings.

For self-employed, if you want to show earnings in business(which means you are keeping all your earnings in bank instead of paying yourseld salary) you have to get all your invoice,bank statements (to corroborate payment in your account), accountant letter etc to prove your earnings.

Also please wait for other members to reply.
shanmukh wrote:hi all,

i just got quick & helpful reply from chetan who is a guru here. so, thought of clearing some more doubts..

i am working as a software engineer & looking forward to apply for visa in December 2nd week. after 6months probationary period, i started working as a self employed web developer working my free time. by end of November, my self employment earnings will be £4000 nearly (still i got to develop couple of websites though). i am short of £3500 to qualify for the visa which i recently came to know when i used PBS calculator.

do can i show my self earnings to get the points? if yes, what is the process? do i need a solicitor? is auditing enough with all the required documents?.. i tried to book appointment for personal interview but no dates available.

please help.. thanks in advance...

shanmukh
Newly Registered

Post by shanmukh » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:13 pm

thanks for the reply chetan...

i am on PSW visa which is valid until april 2010 but, i want to go early.
i met a auditor today & he asked to bring all the evidence i got so he can prepare the required documents.

am i on right track? anything more required for visa?

thanks....

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:28 pm

shanmukh wrote:thanks for the reply chetan...

i met a auditor today & he asked to bring all the evidence i got so he can prepare the required documents.

thanks....
Not sure what Auditor does in this. Do you mean solicitor? If you are going through solicitor than he will advise you on all the documents you need in order to switch/early extension. Choose one which is on no-win-no-fees basis,so that you are assured of outcome

Gather all evidences you have for example, invoives you raised, cheques you submitted in bank,cheques details( if you have any), statement from your accountant(if you are using any). That's all i can think of at the moment.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:34 pm

chetanojha wrote:

thanks....
Not sure what Auditor does in this. Do you mean solicitor? If you are going through solicitor than he will advise you on all the documents you need in order to switch/early extension. Choose one which is on no-win-no-fees basis,so that you are assured of outcome

Gather all evidences you have for example, invoives you raised, cheques you submitted in bank,cheques details( if you have any), statement from your accountant(if you are using any). That's all i can think of at the moment.

u need a qualified account to prove yr self employmt incme

go to qualified accnt chartered / Certified only

u need 2 items of 3 mentioned by ho in its guidelines

no win no fess is mostly risky , u dont want that some one get traing on yr case.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:05 am

Sushil-ACCA wrote:no win no fess is mostly risky , u dont want that some one get traing on yr case.
I found it otherwise. If solicitor knows he will not get his money from you, he will put extra efforts and pay more caution to represent your case.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:35 am

chetanojha wrote:
Sushil-ACCA wrote:no win no fess is mostly risky , u dont want that some one get traing on yr case.
I found it otherwise. If solicitor knows he will not get his money from you, he will put extra efforts and pay more caution to represent your case.
ditto

shanmukh
Newly Registered

Post by shanmukh » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:16 am

chetanojha wrote:

thanks....

Sorry for the confusion here, i have been to CA. explained my situation.
he is happy to help me in this issue with self earnings auditing.
combining my salary & self earnings, i can prove that i am earning the required amount.
am i right?..

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:11 pm

innocentdevil wrote:
chetanojha wrote:
ditto
DITTO..

Why will he waste his time (though train someone ) at the cost of the reputation of the company??

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:52 pm

shanmukh wrote:Sorry for the confusion here, i have been to CA. explained my situation.
combining my salary & self earnings, i can prove that i am earning the required amount.
am i right?..
I think any accountant (or CA) will put your document straight(only related to your earnings and NOT visa application).

shanmukh
Newly Registered

Post by shanmukh » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:31 pm

chetanojha wrote:
shanmukh wrote:Sorry for the confusion here, i have been to CA. explained my situation.
am i right?..
I think any accountant (or CA) will put your document straight(only related to your earnings and NOT visa application).
yes chetan,
i think, i need his help in that matter only. i fell that i can manage rest, filling out the form & putting together. i haven't got enough money to pay the solicitors. taking risk.. right?

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:13 pm

shanmukh wrote:yes chetan,
i think, i need his help in that matter only. i fell that i can manage rest, filling out the form & putting together. i haven't got enough money to pay the solicitors. taking risk.. right?
No I wouldn't consider this as risk. If you have all required corroborative evidences I personally don't feel somebody should spend money on solicitors unless their is a pressing need for appointments etc. I never used solicitors. You can get everything you need for your application from this forum

shanmukh
Newly Registered

Post by shanmukh » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:57 pm

thanks chetan bhai... you are very helpful.. i got another question..but will post in new thread in case someone might need the info...

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:03 pm

chetanojha wrote:
am i right?..

I think any accountant (or CA)
will put your document straight(only related to your earnings and NOT visa application).
ONLY Practicing acctn (CA/ACCA) can sort it out.

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:07 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:
chetanojha wrote:
am i right?..

I think any accountant (or CA)
will put your document straight(only related to your earnings and NOT visa application).
ONLY Practicing acctn (CA/ACCA) can sort it out.
:-)

waqaskazmi
Newly Registered

Unclaimed Holiday & Notice Pay

Post by waqaskazmi » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:21 am

Hi,

I am applyimg for my HSMP extension. I just need to inquire about the earnings. I lost my job in March 2009. But my company pay me "Unclaimed Holiday & Notice Pay" and also Tax is dedcuted from that salary. Will this counts towards my earnings? Please guide me. Thanks

Regards
Shah

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Unclaimed Holiday & Notice Pay

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:29 am

waqaskazmi wrote:Hi,

I am applyimg for my HSMP extension. I just need to inquire about the earnings. I lost my job in March 2009. But my company pay me "Unclaimed Holiday & Notice Pay" and also Tax is dedcuted from that salary. Will this counts towards my earnings? Please guide me. Thanks

Regards
Shah
For claiming earnings points.. As long as you can provide the 2sources of proof.. Payslips+Bankstatements you are good to go..

there are also other combinations you can get the sources pls read GUIDANCE..

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:11 pm

waqaskazmi wrote:Hi,

Regards
Shah

All wages are taxed and income from HO point of view

waqaskazmi
Newly Registered

Post by waqaskazmi » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:53 pm

Thanks Sushil