ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP - Tier 1 Application Invalid Photo

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sugudheenu
Newly Registered

HSMP - Tier 1 Application Invalid Photo

Post by sugudheenu » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:11 am

Hi,

I've submitted an extension application in tier 1 category for myself and my dependants. I just realised the photos that i've attached for my dependants are old which was used in a previous visa.

I posted the application on 4/11/09 and have got a acknolodgement letter from UKBA.

My existing visa is due to expire on 10/12/09. I am afriad it might get rejected and will be returned to me. I can re apply if it get's returned before my current visa expires but if i get to know its been rejected after my visa expires. What are my options?

P.S : I have also send a letter to UKBA with the new photos but they say its no garentee the case worker might see it.

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:33 am

As far as I know if its ur dependents photo then it shudnt b a problem.
I read in this forum tht dependents visa was old and caseworker called him and asked for new photos.

So as far as ur main applicant documentation and all are perfect it shudnt b a problem. They wnt reject just coz of dependent.

So just dnt worry ...

karupalli

Dependent visa

Post by karupalli » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:22 pm

My friend case - They rejected only dependant visa.. So they had to re-apply (only dependent visa) with new photos.

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:24 pm

In tht case how much fees he/she has to pay. As when they apply with main applicant it is £50 now if they reject then it ll b some£400.

Then it is totally unfair. I guess it all depends on caseworker. I read in many places tht caseworkers r calling nowadays and asking for extra docs if they really need.

So its totally luck and hw gud the caseworker is

sugudheenu
Newly Registered

Post by sugudheenu » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:34 pm

Thanks for your response.

Just in case if I get to know about the status as rejected after my current visa expires. What are my options?

Do i have to leave the country and re-apply from my home country?

or

Can I just re submitt the application with the new Photos and stay here after my visa expiry?

karupalli

Post by karupalli » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:25 pm

it is really dependent on case worker. One friend case - They sent letter to resubmit the photos.. which he did and got accepted (Extension case - his own photos)

Another case with dependent visa - they rejected dependent visa..

sugudheenu
Newly Registered

Post by sugudheenu » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:54 pm

I understand it's up to the case worker and not worried about the decession what he is going to make because i know i have to face it.my actual question is

If I get to know about the status as rejected after my current visa expires. What are my options?

Do i have to leave the country and re-apply from my home country?

or

Can I just re submitt the application with the new Photos and stay here after my visa expiry?

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:05 pm

If u have the option of appeal which can be done within the country. And u shud have applied atleats 4 weeks before to avoid this situation.

I ll defintely pray for u tht ur application shud b thru. BY the way its dependent appli right which ur talking abt then y do u worry.

Ur main applicant ur visa ll be done so its ur dependent who ll have to go thru this so dnt worry it shud b fine. I dnt thnk caseworker ll b so strict when coming to dependents then again i cant say it all depends on them.

sugudheenu
Newly Registered

Post by sugudheenu » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:14 pm

Thanks Duvvuri for your prayers.I really appreciate

Yes my initial application was made before 5 weeks of current visa expiry.

I dont think i can be successful in an appeal because it's my fault that i didnt sent the photos correctly.

I can re apply provided the decession is made before my current visa expires.

I want to know what will happen otherwise(If my visa has expired) so i can prepare myself for the worst case senario.

MissCass
Newly Registered

The same thing has happened to me...

Post by MissCass » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:44 pm

I posted my application within three weeks ov visa expiry - on UKBA's advice I waited in order to have the most up-to-date bank statement information. But I was in a rush and sent the wrong photos. Instead of calling me, they refused my application as invalid and returned it, but my current HSMP has now expired.

Can I resubmit or am I ruined? I cannot believe the visa officer - how hard is it to pick up the phone? It was an oversight on my part, I am stunned at this. Does anyone know if I can still resubmit or am I doomed?

sugudheenu
Newly Registered

Post by sugudheenu » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:06 am

I think you should re submit asap. I read in another thread a guy resubmitted his application in the same situation and it was accepted. You are not considered over stayed till 28 days after you visa expiry. That's what solicitors say but I couldn't find this information in the home office website.

I am going to do the same(re submit the application) if it happens.

MissCass
Newly Registered

Post by MissCass » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:18 pm

sugudheenu wrote:I think you should re submit asap. I read in another thread a guy resubmitted his application in the same situation and it was accepted. You are not considered over stayed till 28 days after you visa expiry. That's what solicitors say but I couldn't find this information in the home office website.

I am going to do the same(re submit the application) if it happens.
Thank you - I resubmitted the next day with a lengthy explanation letter, hopefully they will be in a benevolent mood when they receive it. 'll pop back in and post the outcome when i receive it....

sugudheenu
Newly Registered

Got my visa today

Post by sugudheenu » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:50 am

Got my visa today. Approved

sugudheenu
Newly Registered

Post by sugudheenu » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:51 am

The visa was approved for the dependants aswell they have accepted the new photo's i've sent

eskay_s

Post by eskay_s » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:11 pm

Hey sugudheenu,

Hearty Congrats!!!

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:16 pm

Congratulations!

Out of curiosity - did they use the old photos on your visa, or did they use the new ones you sent in?

sugudheenu
Newly Registered

Post by sugudheenu » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:39 pm

thank you guys they used the new photos i sent in

ahmaduet
Newly Registered

Post by ahmaduet » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:03 pm

The same case happened with me.I received an email from case worker stating that my photo is old ,as it was put in another visa which I didnot realise at the time of submission while those of my dependants is acceptable.So he asked me to resend new photos on the address mentioned. I belive this all depends on the case worker.

gtd
Newly Registered

Urgent help needed

Post by gtd » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:46 pm

deleted message

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:29 am

sugudheenu wrote:thank you guys they used the new photos i sent in
can you please tell us where did you send the new documents, is it the same address as for new documents (UK Border Agency
Tier 1, PO Box 496, Millburngate House, Durham, DH99 1WQ)
and if someone can confirm if we can send more documents to the same address

I am sending my application form today with just a printout of last bank statements today and will be sending the new bank statement in a week when they arrive.

Any help would be much appreciated

Regards

Irf

sm007
Newly Registered

Post by sm007 » Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:36 pm

ahmaduet wrote:The same case happened with me.I received an email from case worker stating that my photo is old ,as it was put in another visa which I didnot realise at the time of submission while those of my dependants is acceptable.So he asked me to resend new photos on the address mentioned. I belive this all depends on the case worker.
Could you please let me know the address to send the photographs.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:35 pm

bump!