ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uk Experience points

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

savvy_000

Uk Experience points

Post by savvy_000 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:48 pm

Hi Moderators/ Senior Members,

sorry for the re-post, its just that I haven't got a clear answer yet.
Iam currently under HSMP visa going to extend under Tier 1 general. I got hsmp claiming points for uk earnings, uk qualification and age.

Now I am renewing my Visa, the tier 1 guidance says that On page 27-28 on the tier 1 general guidance :

Claiming points – extension applications only

148. An applicant can claim a maximum of five points if he/she has scored points for previous earnings and those earnings were made in the United Kingdom.

149. We will only award points for United Kingdom earnings if the applicant’s immigration status in the United Kingdom legally entitled him/her to be in the United Kingdom and work here throughout the period during which the earnings were made.

Does this mean that I can claim the 5 points for Uk experience?? Please can anyone have read at the guidance notes for Uk experience and clear my doubt please. I need to apply for extension really soon, sorry for the repost.

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:59 pm

Yes - you can claim points for experience.

If you have worked/studied legally in the UK under the appropriate immigration category, then you will be allowed to claim this as points.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: Uk Experience points

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:03 pm

savvy_000 wrote:Hi Moderators/ Senior Members,

Iam currently under HSMP visa going to extend under Tier 1 general. I got hsmp claiming points for uk earnings, uk qualification and age.

Now I am renewing my Visa, the tier 1 guidance says that On page 27-28 on the tier 1 general guidance :

148. An applicant can claim a maximum of five points if he/she has scored points for previous earnings and those earnings were made in the United Kingdom.

149. We will only award points for United Kingdom earnings if the applicant’s immigration status in the United Kingdom legally entitled him/her to be in the United Kingdom and work here throughout the period during which the earnings were made.

Does this mean that I can claim the 5 points for Uk experience?? Please can anyone have read at the guidance notes for Uk experience and clear my doubt please. I need to apply for extension really soon, sorry for the repost.
YES, with no doubt.. go ahead

savvy_000

Post by savvy_000 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:49 pm

Thanks for the confirmation guys! :D

push

Re: Uk Experience points

Post by push » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:23 pm

savvy_000 wrote:Hi Moderators/ Senior Members,

Sorry but what is the confusion here?Why do you think you might not be able to claim points for UK earnings?
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

savvy_000

Post by savvy_000 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:49 am

Please take a look at the explaination provided under points calculator in UKBA site:

https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... AY_04_HELP

Just concerned that the 5 points are only for initial applications.

push

Post by push » Sat Dec 05, 2009 1:56 pm

savvy_000 wrote:Please take a look at the explaination provided under points calculator in UKBA site:

https://www.points.homeoffice.gov.uk/gu ... AY_04_HELP

Just concerned that the 5 points are only for initial applications.
This page talks about points for UK experience and clearly says that for initial application you can earn points for either earnings or for education. For extension cases you can earn points under this criteria for earnings only and not for qualification!!
Initial application
If this is an initial application, you can score five points for United Kingdom experience if:
£16,000 or more of your previous earnings that you are claiming points for were earned in the United Kingdom.
you have been in full-time study in the United Kingdom for at least one full academic year, and have been awarded a qualification at bachelor's degree level or above.

Extension application
If this is an extension application, you can only score points for previous earnings and not qualifications.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer