ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What documents original and what copies

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rbrampton
Newly Registered

What documents original and what copies

Post by rbrampton » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:42 pm

Hey guys,

Can anyone out there recommend that with the Tier 1 program, what docs do I need to send original and what copies. Im applying from canada.

Thanks
rebecca

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Re: What documents original and what copies

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:36 pm

rbrampton wrote:Hey guys,

Can anyone out there recommend that with the Tier 1 program, what docs do I need to send original and what copies. Im applying from canada.

Thanks
rebecca
All documents need to be Original..

Bankstatements can be duplicate but originals are better. if printed off the net need to be signed/stamped on each page

rbrampton
Newly Registered

Post by rbrampton » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:41 pm

Hi tvn_ramesh,

I have some doubts about the employment letter and payslips,

from what i read, i have to sublit 12 months of payslips...should these be original...will they return them back to me?
should they be sealed in envelopes...why is that so necessary?

i read on the forums that I also have to have my employer give me a letter stating that each of the payslips is authentic and earned as pay the payslips....why is this redundancy ....arent the payslips already proving that I was earning the salary?

or must the employment letter just state my titles and duration of work?

thanks again
rebecca

drjabberwocky23

Post by drjabberwocky23 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:42 pm

rbrampton wrote:Hi tvn_ramesh,

from what i read, i have to sublit 12 months of payslips...should these be original...will they return them back to me?

i read on the forums that I also have to have my employer give me a letter stating that each of the payslips is authentic and earned as pay the payslips....why is this redundancy ....arent the payslips already proving that I was earning the salary?

thanks again
rebecca
The payslips should ideally be originals. If they're not, do have them stamped and signed by your Payroll Department/HR, or have your employer write a letter confirming your dates of employment and annual/monthly salary.

As you rightly say, such a letter would only be required IF you were unable to supply original payslips. A lot of people practice the "safe rather than sorry" policy and submit extra evidence just in case, although it probably is unnecessary.

I must confess, I've not personally heard this rule about submitting these documents in a sealed envelope. It isn't as though any information would be confidential from you...

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:17 pm

drjabberwocky23 wrote:
rbrampton wrote:Hi tvn_ramesh,

thanks again
rebecca
The payslips should ideally be originals. If they're not, do have them stamped and signed by your Payroll Department/HR, or have your employer write a letter confirming your dates of employment and annual/monthly salary.

As you rightly say, such a letter would only be required IF you were unable to supply original payslips. A lot of people practice the "safe rather than sorry" policy and submit extra evidence just in case, although it probably is unnecessary.

I must confess, I've not personally heard this rule about submitting these documents in a sealed envelope. It isn't as though any information would be confidential from you...
Ditto..

- sign/stamp are only required if they are not Original..
- Letter from employer is required only in case if there are any discrepancies in the payslip n bankstatements..