ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

bank statements further clarification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

auzzie_in_brizzle
Newly Registered

bank statements further clarification

Post by auzzie_in_brizzle » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:31 pm

I know there's a few posts regarding this, but I wanted to make absolutely sure of something.

From how I interpret the guidance re: bank statements ("If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account"), printouts (with a stamp or letter) are ONLY accepted for online accounts. I'd love to be wrong though, and posts on these forums indicates otherwise.

Basically I have a stock standard, counter-and-ATM transaction account. I ordered some statements, but being HSBC they've only sent me half of what I asked for. As I'm running out of time to lodge my application, can I print out some statements and get them stamped in branch, despite the fact it's definitely not an online account?

push

Re: bank statements further clarification

Post by push » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:57 pm

auzzie_in_brizzle wrote:I know there's a few posts regarding this, but I wanted to make absolutely sure of something.

From how I interpret the guidance re: bank statements ("If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account"), printouts (with a stamp or letter) are ONLY accepted for online accounts. I'd love to be wrong though, and posts on these forums indicates otherwise.

Basically I have a stock standard, counter-and-ATM transaction account. I ordered some statements, but being HSBC they've only sent me half of what I asked for. As I'm running out of time to lodge my application, can I print out some statements and get them stamped in branch, despite the fact it's definitely not an online account?
Your interpretation of the guidance note is correct. A number of examples of successful examples however indicate that HO is not too fussed about the account being an online one only. Be on the safer side -get the statements printed of Bank's stationery,signed+stamped
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

johnnyng
Newly Registered

Post by johnnyng » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:45 am

what do you mean by signed & stamped when the statements are printed on a bank official paper? i though if we can get bank official statements, they will be accepted without?

Johnny

push

Post by push » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:22 pm

johnnyng wrote:what do you mean by signed & stamped when the statements are printed on a bank official paper? i though if we can get bank official statements, they will be accepted without?

Johnny
Our discussion was not about formal statements as issued by the Bank -i.e. those that you receive in post periodically, which are acceptable as they are,without the need for any signature or stamp. Hope its clear now.
Last edited by push on Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

johnnyng
Newly Registered

Post by johnnyng » Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:12 pm

i c, thanks push :)

eager2learn

Post by eager2learn » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:42 pm

push wrote:
johnnyng wrote:what do you mean by signed & stamped when the statements are printed on a bank official paper? i though if we can get bank official statements, they will be accepted without?

Johnny
Our discussion was not about formal statements as issued by the Bank -i.e. those that you receive in post periodically, which are acceptable as they are,without the need for any signature or stamp. Hope its clear now.
Hi Push,
in my case, I only get bank statements around 16th/17th of each month whereas I am looking to apply early February with end of January transactions. I have received all the original statements for last 11 months but for this last month, I have to print it out.

Today I went to HSBC and they told me, they dont issue statements with signed and stamped. But they can print out on bank's stationary paper with my name, account number (but no address like my original posted ones) and transactions. Will this be enough?

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:28 pm

eager2learn wrote:
push wrote:

Johnny
Hi Push,
in my case, I only get bank statements around 16th/17th of each month whereas I am looking to apply early February with end of January transactions. I have received all the original statements for last 11 months but for this last month, I have to print it out.

Today I went to HSBC and they told me, they dont issue statements with signed and stamped. But they can print out on bank's stationary paper with my name, account number (but no address like my original posted ones) and transactions. Will this be enough?
HSBC should sign and stamp. take the HO guidelines with you and go to different HSBC branches one should stamp and sign it. It is an important issue so dealth with it properly.
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

yasa
Diamond Member

Post by yasa » Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:29 pm

eager2learn wrote:
push wrote:

Johnny
Hi Push,

=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================

rosdean
Newly Registered

Post by rosdean » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:23 am

Quick confirmation

I receive online email PDF bank statement every month with logo on top and I have taken those print outs and went to the branch get the seal and sign on each page. Hope it is sufficient

Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:11 am

rosdean wrote:Quick confirmation

I receive online email PDF bank statement every month with logo on top and I have taken those print outs and went to the branch get the seal and sign on each page. Hope it is sufficient

Thanks
Yes its enough , if yours is a REGULAR uk bank account..

trust ur statements have
NAME
ACCOUNT NO
STATEMENT PERIOD
LOGO-yes
UR ADDRESS etc... pls read HO GUIDANCE

eager2learn

Post by eager2learn » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:17 pm

yasa wrote:
eager2learn wrote:
push wrote:

Johnny
Hi Push,

HSBC should sign and stamp. take the HO guidelines with you and go to different HSBC branches one should stamp and sign it. It is an important issue so dealth with it properly.
I spoke with the manager and the lady showed a hsbc policy document saying that HO now has an agreement with them that they cant sign and stamp on documents and statements on bank's stationary with name, ac number will be enough. I also went to a Southampton branch and they told me the exact same thing.

eager2learn

Post by eager2learn » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:27 pm

krisdigitx
Newly Registered

Post by krisdigitx » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:51 pm

go to branch and get a adhoc bank statement, but i would recommend get the original bank statements.

adhoc bank statements will be printed on letter head of bank and should include you account number sort code and name.