ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I know if my spouse has enter UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Need-help
Newly Registered

Can I know if my spouse has enter UK

Post by Need-help » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:36 am

Hi,

I am on HSMP visa and my wife has got a dependant visa. She took my child to India and I am trying to call her but she is not picking up.

I am suspecting that she has come back in UK, is there any way I can find out? My daughter is still in India as I can hear her voice when I call my wife's parents but there is no signs of my wife being there.

Please reply.

regards

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Can I know if my spouse has enter UK

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:46 am

Need-help wrote:Hi,

I am on HSMP visa and my wife has got a dependant visa. She took my child to India and I am trying to call her but she is not picking up.

I am suspecting that she has come back in UK, is there any way I can find out? My daughter is still in India as I can hear her voice when I call my wife's parents but there is no signs of my wife being there.

Please reply.

regards
U CAN write to HO to cancel thier visa

Vanadil

Re: Can I know if my spouse has enter UK

Post by Vanadil » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:53 am

Sushil-ACCA wrote:
Need-help wrote:Hi,

Please reply.

regards
U CAN write to HO to cancel thier visa
Which would have little effect until she came to renew her stay here but at that point she would be unable to continue her stay if she made an application and would be asked to leave the UK / Removed. If she then continued to work and got caught she would face deportation and most likely a ban from the UK for a number of years.

Basically, cancel her Visa, never hear from her again and ruin her life in the UK.

Or keep trying to call her and leave the visa alone, it is your call.

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:38 pm

In reply to the original question the HO would not know if they were in the UK or not.

John

Post by John » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:01 pm

HO would not know? Wouldn't their computer system know if the visa holder has used the visa to re-enter to UK?
John

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:04 pm

UKBAbble wrote:In reply to the original question the HO would not know if they were in the UK or not.
are you joking? :)
Are you saying that HO would not know if someone is in UK or not?

Its another question if they want to spend resources to find her but seriously.... if HO can not find someone who is in UK then who will?

@OP, well, keep trying or cancel her visa. But be very sure about your next step because if its just a minor misunderstanding between two love birds then cancelling her visa would escalate it to full-on war between you, and wife- not to mention it will ruin your personal life.

regards

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:19 pm

Only one thing in this world you get free of cost and even without asking, they are PROBLEMS, everything else you have to earn by yourselves..

So, try to fix the misunderstandings/ Problem.. and pls dont put your daughter's life n future at stake.. think twice before you take further step..

Wish you all the best mate..

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:24 pm

arsenal49 wrote:
are you joking? :)
Are you saying that HO would not know if someone is in UK or not?

regards
I wasn't joking. They don't yet record people coming and going.

John

Post by John » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:11 pm

UKBAbble, I'll take your word for that, but I am simply appalled! Sheer incompetence!
John

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:18 pm

John wrote:UKBAbble, I'll take your word for that, but I am simply appalled! Sheer incompetence!
It would be an awfully large system to implement. The introduction of chipped passports is no doubt a step towards this but the amount of information stored would be vast! You would have to document millions of individual profiles that include visa satus, previous visits etc etc:

Not to mention the back-up sites they would need in order to ensure that all the data was safe. Petabytes and Millions of pounds. It's on the way but too difficult at this point.

+ it'll be a cue for the "anti-big brother brigade"

:roll:

John

Post by John » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Vanadil, as I understand it, every visa the UK issues, either abroad or in the UK, is in two places ..... in the passport as a sticker, and also in the UKBA computer system. That is how the IO at the UK port of entry knows if the visa is a total fake, or is actually real.

Accordingly I just assumed that the IO at the Port of Entry, when scanning the visa, yes they were checking the visa for authenticity, but also ensuring that the computer system is making an entry into the computer system to note the arrival of the person. But it seems I was wrong as regards the latter.

Which leaves the obvious problem. The person, having entered the UK, posts the passport to their identical twin, who then uses it to also gain entry. Really? Has no one at UKBA thought of that?
John

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:08 pm

John wrote:Vanadil, as I understand it, every visa the UK issues, either abroad or in the UK, is in two places ..... in the passport as a sticker, and also in the UKBA computer system. That is how the IO at the UK port of entry knows if the visa is a total fake, or is actually real.

Accordingly I just assumed that the IO at the Port of Entry, when scanning the visa, yes they were checking the visa for authenticity, but also ensuring that the computer system is making an entry into the computer system to note the arrival of the person. But it seems I was wrong as regards the latter.

Which leaves the obvious problem. The person, having entered the UK, posts the passport to their identical twin, who then uses it to also gain entry. Really? Has no one at UKBA thought of that?
Actually quite a fair point ^_^

Unless it's all just a big lie! :shock:

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:00 pm

John wrote:Which leaves the obvious problem. The person, having entered the UK, posts the passport to their identical twin, who then uses it to also gain entry. Really? Has no one at UKBA thought of that?
They probably have now....
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/travel ... at-border/
(And before anyone asks, identical twins apparently do not have identical fingerprints! :wink:)

UKBAbble

Post by UKBAbble » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:13 pm

The scanning of the visa at the port of entry does not record the arrival. It merely checks the visa ia authentic.

The issue of identical twins is such a small one it is virtually irrelevant.

Vanadil

Post by Vanadil » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:46 am

UKBAbble wrote:The scanning of the visa at the port of entry does not record the arrival. It merely checks the visa ia authentic.

The issue of identical twins is such a small one it is virtually irrelevant.
Unless it's the evil twin!

email257525
BANNED

Hi

Post by email257525 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:13 am

if at the airport on arrival, they only check the authenticity of the visa but does not record the arrival in uk. Then how would ho find how may days i was out of country during my five years while processing the application for ILR.

If you say just the entry stamp, some times stapm is not that clear,,,,

ChetanOjha

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:52 pm

HO does hold entry-exit records of any individual travelling in-out via proper channels. I have recently asked for SAR report from HO and can see details of all landing-cards which I submitted at Heathrow while coming back to UK. That's the only way HO can work out any individual's total absent days from UK while granting ILR.