ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Self employement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

krishna1215

Tier 1 Self employement

Post by krishna1215 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:57 am

Hi All,
What kind of work categories come under self Employement. I did secure a job in UK but working out self employement possibilities for my spouse as a dependent.

Can they be listed down. Do we need to take special permission depending upon the work category. I understand that on Tier 1 as a main applicant or a spouse are eligible for any type of work,but pretty much not sure what caterogies of work we could do without taking permission from the government.

Please advise.

beecharmer1800bc

Re: Tier 1 Self employement

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:13 am

krishna1215 wrote:Hi All,
What kind of work categories come under self Employement. I did secure a job in UK but working out self employement possibilities for my spouse as a dependent.

Can they be listed down. Do we need to take special permission depending upon the work category. I understand that on Tier 1 as a main applicant or a spouse are eligible for any type of work,but pretty much not sure what caterogies of work we could do without taking permission from the government.

Please advise.
You and your spouse can engage in 'any type' of legitimate work,but no recourse to public funds.
Hope this helps.
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:18 am

Please advise.
If she is in IT, she an take up IT contracts( software dev, computer related work, IT training(online/classroom),she can work from home( home made stuff business etc) . There are many more , you just need to look around and select one which interests the individual and matches the skill sets one have.

Yes. she will have to register herself as self employed with HMRC , pay tax and NI.
Check this link
http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/selfemployed/index.shtml
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....

vks

Post by vks » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:30 am

Please advise.
Hope She does not fall under the category 'Doctors in Training!' See section 245D,

Period and conditions of grant
Regards,
vks

krishna1215

Post by krishna1215 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:09 pm

Hi all,
Thanks for the posts. No she doesnot fall in Doctors or any health related category. Lets say she or myself go for IT classes lets say do we need to register as self employed (if its me for example) I got a job but may have some extra earning. So how could I show this earning. Should I take cheques from the customers or can I just take cash and deposit.

How about if my wife is involved in such activities. As mentioned she can register herself as "Self employed" but regarding the money collected how can that be accounted for.