ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earnings Letter for Tier 1 General Migrant Program

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sajid08

Previous Earnings Letter for Tier 1 General Migrant Program

Post by sajid08 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:04 pm

Hi All,

This is my first post here, I hope you guys will help me.

I am an IT consultant and want to apply for UK Tier 1 General Migrant program after they recently changed there rules.

My confusion arises in the Earnings section, my company gives me a salary (taxable) and an on site allowance, to work on client site (for the last two years almost) that on site allowance is not taxable and its comfortably more than my salary, my bank statement shows every month both my salary and allowance being transfered for more than 12 months now.

My Question: Can I include my on site allowance to claim points for previous earnings? The letter I'll get from my employer would list down my last 12 months income stating both my salary and on site allowance separately for each month.

Please let me know.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: Previous Earnings Letter for Tier 1 General Migrant Prog

Post by aliq09 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:28 am

sajid08 wrote:Hi All,

I am an IT consultant and want to apply for UK Tier 1 General Migrant program after they recently changed there rules.

My confusion arises in the Earnings section, my company gives me a salary (taxable) and an on site allowance, to work on client site (for the last two years almost) that on site allowance is not taxable and its comfortably more than my salary, my bank statement shows every month both my salary and allowance being transfered for more than 12 months now.

My Question: Can I include my on site allowance to claim points for previous earnings? The letter I'll get from my employer would list down my last 12 months income stating both my salary and on site allowance separately for each month.

Please let me know.

Hi ,

A bit confusing statement but any how you have to come up with strong support here .. ask your self a question ... your on site allowance is more than your salary ..so it can be fishy .. my point is : if Your income which is taxable and is sufficient to give you point than go for it . If you mention the on site allowance it will confuse them ... make your case good , fair and simple .. Best of luck!

sajid08

Post by sajid08 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:11 pm

Thanks aliq,

The issue is that on my salary i am not able to make enough points it fells 5 points short, I can give the allowance any other name with the help of company that is not a problem, any suggestions of what could be an appropriate name for it?

Regards
Sajid

sajid08

Post by sajid08 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:47 pm

and also just to add, this on-site allowance is actually given to me because I've been working in another country in GCC, but is transferred to my local country account, since there are no taxes in GCC, there is no tax applied on that allowance, so if I claim it, how I should apply the band on it (I mean which country, because its earned while i was in another country but transfered in Pakistan where the company I actually work for is located)?

Also this allowance is kind of temporary as its as long as I am on-site at client, is it claimable?

Rao_Bang

Post by Rao_Bang » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:46 am

Onsite allowance is not taxable. So you can not claim points for that.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:25 am

sajid08 wrote:Thanks aliq,

The issue is that on my salary i am not able to make enough points it fells 5 points short, I can give the allowance any other name with the help of company that is not a problem, any suggestions of what could be an appropriate name for it?

Regards
Sajid
Hi Sajid ,

I have a quick question from you ... are u working in GCC with a valid work permit ... if yes than here in GCC , there is no Tax so you can easily show your on site allowance here . You can add up things like this:

1) Show your earning in Pakistan bank

2) Get a letter from your GCC employer ( if i am correct here ) and Account statement ( if there is ) and attach both of them

3) Apply from your legal and current GCC country ( which is ?? ) and you are get to go ...

Thanks
Ali

blue.olive

Re: Previous Earnings Letter for Tier 1 General Migrant Prog

Post by blue.olive » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:33 am

Payment from the employer which is the part of his/her remuneration package and not the actual reimbursement of expense incurred by the employee is allowed.

You have to prove that site allowance is the obligation of the employer and its part of your employer contract. If you attach the copy of the contract with your supporting documents then its will substantiate your claim.

A letter from employer explaining the same along with payslip showing allowance will be quite helpful as well. It won't make any difference whether the allowance is paid periodically or for the whole period income is claimed

Good Luck

Olive

sajid08 wrote:Hi All,

Please let me know.

sajid08

Post by sajid08 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:32 am

Thanks aliq and Olive, really appreciate your help!! here are some clarifications and concerns.

I am on multiple entry commercial visa here and not work permit and my on-site allowance is not transferred here but in the same Pakistani account as my salary is, so I think the letter for On-Site allowance as well would need to come from real employer, right? as they are the one's who both transfer my salary and allowance. (I've prepared a sample letter from employer that states for each month my salary and on-site allowance that was transferred, if you want I can share it here to get feed back).

My contract says that I've this much salary and the company will give a fixed amount in USD as on-site allowance till I am deployed in the GCC country, would this contract be good enough? or would they consider it just temporary and not claimable?

one more thing, for on site allowance which band should I apply because I get it because I work in GCC but its given to me in PKR in the local account?