ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC refused_Payslip havings reimbursement as component

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ukvisas
Newly Registered

EC refused_Payslip havings reimbursement as component

Post by ukvisas » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:35 pm

I had applied for UK Tier 1 and the application was refused in May 2010 on the following grounds:

ECO deducted 1000+2500 = Rs.3500 *12 =RS.42000 from my gross salary

My Payslips has two components uniform reimbursement Rs.1000 PM
and Travel Reimbursement Rs2500 PM.

However We never claim / produce bill from our pocket and claim the same from employer, its a part of our salary component and is taxable.

As per the guidelines "Unearned sources of income that we will not consider as previous earnings include:
expenses (such as accommodation, • schooling or car allowances) that reimburse the applicant for money he/she has previously spent;

Where as in my case , we never claim , produce bill for any such expenses and these payment is a part of our salary and are taxable.

I need to file Urgent Review for the same.

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:31 pm

The use of word "reimbursement" on the payslips is the root of the problem. And there is nothing you can do about it ... AIUI, you cannot submit additional documents (e.g. - a letter from employer certifying these as allowances rather rather than reimbursements) in an administrative review.

regards

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:14 pm

sushdmehta wrote:The use of word "reimbursement" on the payslips is the root of the problem. And there is nothing you can do about it ... AIUI, you cannot submit additional documents (e.g. - a letter from employer certifying these as allowances rather rather than reimbursements) in an administrative review.

regards
Damn, Do you mean to say that "reimbursement" will be a problem. As I also have the following mentioned in my payslips. I have submitted my application with Payslips containing the following.

Telephone reimbursement
Medical Allowance

These allowances for my salary is Rs 15,000 per year, So will the ECO cut this amount from my earnings, and recalculate the amount for which I can still claim the same earnings.

AS most MNCs in India have Pay slips with telephone and medicines as non taxable components.

I Did not read "medicines and telephone reimbursements" anywhere in the Tier -1 policy guidance doc.

Hope this is not going to cause a problem.

dima
Member of Standing

Post by dima » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:05 pm

adityak77 wrote:
sushdmehta wrote:The use of word "reimbursement" on the payslips is the root of the problem. And there is nothing you can do about it ... AIUI, you cannot submit additional documents (e.g. - a letter from employer certifying these as allowances rather rather than reimbursements) in an administrative review.

regards
Damn, Do you mean to say that "reimbursement" will be a problem. As I also have the following mentioned in my payslips. I have

These allowances for my salary is Rs 15,000 per year, So will the ECO cut this amount from my earnings, and recalculate the amount for which I can still claim the same earnings.

AS most MNCs in India have Pay slips with telephone and medicines as non taxable components.

I Did not read "medicines and telephone reimbursements" anywhere in the Tier -1 policy guidance doc.

Hope this is not going to cause a problem.
Check this link http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf
Pages for prev earnings ... It may be of help!
Njoin with my new iPAD ....it's really magical....

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:36 pm

Reimbursement. Read what the policy guidance says about such allowances.

This said, it depends on the caseworker too - what if your application is processed by someone who doesn't bother with such finer details? You may find yourself lucky!

regards

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:01 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Reimbursement. Read what the policy guidance says about such allowances.

This said, it depends on the caseworker too - what if your application is processed by someone who doesn't bother with such finer details? You may find yourself lucky!

regards
Ya correct!, Fingers crossed. Also In India most MNCs have flexible allowances for medicals and telephones, as a part of the salary for the month/year.

How is it in UK? I know this is off topic.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:20 pm

adityak77 wrote: In India most MNCs have flexible allowances for medicals and telephones, as a part of the salary for the month/year.
But not every organisation states them as "reimbursements" on their employee payslips.

regards

hsmp_2010

Post by hsmp_2010 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:28 pm

How about a person having these allowances as a part of his salary and if even after deducting these allowances the earning is still higher than minimum requirement? Would still officer may refuse application due to mistake in calculation or they may consider the application with their calculation?

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:15 pm

hsmp_2010 wrote:How about a person having these allowances as a part of his salary and if even after deducting these allowances the earning is still higher than minimum requirement? Would still officer may refuse application due to mistake in calculation or they may consider the application with their calculation?
Cannot be refused. Clear explanation in cover letter will help the caseworker understand how the applicant has calculated his earnings and the points claimed accordingly.

regards

hsmp_2010

Post by hsmp_2010 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:24 am

Thanks Sushdmehta,
But I have already applied my application on 20th May (Status: application in process) with the calculation considering all the component and I can't do anything now. In this case will they consider by recalculating themselves ?

Thanks in advance

adityak77
Member of Standing

Post by adityak77 » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:31 am

hsmp_2010 wrote:Thanks Sushdmehta,
But I have already applied my application on 20th May (Status: application in process) with the calculation considering all the component and I can't do anything now. In this case will they consider by recalculating themselves ?

Thanks in advance
All we can do is just wait and watch. Keep fingers crossed.

rupeshmg
India

Post by rupeshmg » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:42 am

Hi,

I am in the same boat :roll: .
My company issues two slips 1.Normal Payslip 2.Reimbursement payslip for Flexible Benefir plan (FBP, which is part of my CTC).
I am planning to give a cover letter mentioning the split up, as well submit my original offer letter(where only FBP is mentioned).

Is this sufficient for claiming points for FBP. Please find below my another thread on same subject :-

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=57419

Thanks in advance...

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:31 am

rupeshmg wrote:Hi,

I am in the same boat :roll: .
My company issues two slips 1.Normal Payslip 2.Reimbursement payslip for Flexible Benefir plan (FBP, which is part of my CTC).
I am planning to give a cover letter mentioning the split up, as well submit my original offer letter(where only FBP is mentioned).

Is this sufficient for claiming points for FBP. Please find below my another thread on same subject :-

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=57419

Thanks in advance...
Asking the same question multiple times / at different places will not necessarily change the answers. The answers are based on the information given in the policy guidance.

This said, the risk is yours and so is the decision. No one can guarantee that your application will be refused or approved.

regards

Rao_Bang

Post by Rao_Bang » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:32 am

Hi

Medical Reimbursement(for example 1250/- per month) is not a problem in Payslip. One of my friend got visa ten days back with medical component in his payslips.

What I observed is some of the case workers are deducting the Medical component from Gross salary if you still get the enough points, they will grant the visa otherwise they will reject.

Some of the people are at border ( exactly 75 points), if this type of Calculation occurs definitly they will get rejection. I thought the person "UKVisas" is also same case.

Ukvisas, please give more details about your total ponits...

Regards
NarayanaRao

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:34 am

Folks

If i am not wrong, roughly

Your gross should be 5 Lakhs 15 thousand RUPEES, INR (before taxes/deductions) after removing all ur reimbruisements like telephone bill / medi claim / fuel reimbruisements / other reimbruisements like claim on office expenses....