ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary arrears in pay slip

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kumaran72
Newly Registered

Salary arrears in pay slip

Post by kumaran72 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:52 pm

I was promoted to a senior position and it was backdated nearly one year. I received a considerable sum as arrears in a particular month. (The letter I got from my employer does not say anything about arrears. It simply say gross salary)This month is inside my 12 month period which I am going to claim my income. Can I claim the salary arrears as part of my income or should I remove that amount for calculation? Experts please advise me on this.
Thanks in advance.

Note: Part of the arrears was for some months outside my 12 month.
Last edited by kumaran72 on Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: Salary arrears in pay slip

Post by aspirant99 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:00 pm

kumaran72 wrote:I was promoted to a senior position and it was backdated nearly one year. I received a considerable sum as arrears in a particular month. (The letter I got from my employer does not say anything about arrears. It simply say gross salary)This month is inside my 12 month period which I am going to claim my income. Can I claim the salary arrears as part of my income or should I remove that amount for calculation? Experts please advise me on this.
Thanks in advance.
Though not an expert but i will still try and answer..

if you qualify without the arrears then avoid it if you do not have proper docs for it...

if the arrears mentioned on the payslip then not a problem and you can go for it..

if not mentioned and you need to definitely include it then get a letter from the employer stating the arrears and the period that it was paid for..mention the same in the cover letter...mark it on the bank statement and i believe you should be good to go...good luck

kumaran72
Newly Registered

Re: Salary arrears in pay slip

Post by kumaran72 » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:07 pm

aspirant99 wrote:
kumaran72 wrote:I was promoted to a senior position and it was backdated nearly one year. I received a considerable sum as arrears in a particular month. (The letter I got from my employer does not say anything about arrears. It simply say gross salary)This month is inside my 12 month period which I am going to claim my income. Can I claim the salary arrears as part of my income or should I remove that amount for calculation? Experts please advise me on this.
Thanks in advance.
Though not an expert but i will still try and answer..

if you qualify without the arrears then avoid it if you do not have proper docs for it...

if the arrears mentioned on the payslip then not a problem and you can go for it..

if not mentioned and you need to definitely include it then get a letter from the employer stating the arrears and the period that it was paid for..mention the same in the cover letter...mark it on the bank statement and i believe you should be good to go...good luck
Thanks for the quick reply. Somthing I missed.

"Part of the arrears was for some months outside my 12 month."

rajesh9pl
Mood:

Post by rajesh9pl » Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:29 pm

If income is on payslip and taxed then you can claim without any other thought/doubt.

SecondaryMailid
Newly Registered

Post by SecondaryMailid » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Hi kumaran72,

My wife has a similar issue. Where arrears paid in a month are partly applicable for the period(previous earning) claimed. Can you please tell what did you finally do.

Regards,
Jack

tcpip_helper

Post by tcpip_helper » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:25 pm

you can not claim any earning which was not worked during the period you claiming even if it was paid on the dates that fall in your claiming period.

SecondaryMailid
Newly Registered

Post by SecondaryMailid » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:27 pm

Thank you. just confirming my understanding of what you have written.

Say my payslip for month eg Jan 2012 (before taxation) clearly shows:
(Basic pay = 2500) + (Arrears = 500 ) = 3000(Before tax).

I am providing proof as 1. salary slip and 2 Bank statements (Showing net pay ).

And I want to exclude 500 (Arrears) since these arrears are spread over a period inside and outside my previous claiming periods and I also don't have a supporting letter describing the arrears as well and I don't want to take any risks, so I decided not to include this and only claim for 2500 (and not 3000) for that month.

Are my evidence enough. And am I good to go.

SecondaryMailid
Newly Registered

Post by SecondaryMailid » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:28 pm

Correcting the typo error

Thank you. just confirming my understanding of what you have written.

Say my payslip for month eg Jan 2012 (before taxation) clearly shows:
(Basic pay = 2500) + (Arrears = 500 ) = 3000(Before tax).

I am providing proof as salary slip and Bank statements (Showing net pay ).

And I want to exclude 500 (Arrears) since these arrears are spread over a period inside and outside my previous claiming periods and I also don't have a supporting letter describing the arrears as well and I don't want to take any risks, so I decided not to include this and only claim for 2500 (and not 3000) for that month.

Are my evidence enough. And am I good to go.

mrneo

Post by mrneo » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:43 pm

if youa re paying tax on your arrear you can claim that too[as long as same amount [after tax] in salary slip and bank statement]. i did that for my Tier [1] exten on 2009. they bought my contract for new contract [no double pay if im working on sundays] for £3500. HMRC took a large chunk of it but i was happy as it came through my salary slip so i can add it as income. In salary slip it specificaly mentioned as special bonus.

rockwell31

Post by rockwell31 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Hi,
Is it the case for Leave encashment as well (tax paid)?
Please clarify.
Thanks.
RW

SecondaryMailid
Newly Registered

Post by SecondaryMailid » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:49 am

Arrears are clearly part of basic pay [Which was missed in the previous year after an hike].