ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier -1 extn 3 yrs post 6th April 2010 (new rules)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adityak77
Member of Standing

tier -1 extn 3 yrs post 6th April 2010 (new rules)

Post by adityak77 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:08 am

whats next after 2 yrs when extending the tier -1 visa.

I went through the policy guidance pdf, and as per the new rules earnings have to be strong in order to qualify for extension.

However I have the following query, Does UK experience 5 points be claimed while extension.

Also one thing I noticed in earnings table, it starts from 25000 points for 5 points. So in order to claim 30-35 points one has to show earnings of 40000 - 50000+ pounds, which will be next to impossible in this present economic scenario.

Dunno whether people who applied post 6th April with new rules taking effect are aware of this fact.

Thanks,

Tier1_123

Post by Tier1_123 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:36 am

Fully agreed!

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Re: tier -1 extn 3 yrs post 6th April 2010 (new rules)

Post by aliq09 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:42 am

adityak77 wrote:whats next after 2 yrs when extending the tier -1 visa.

I went through the policy guidance pdf, and as per the new rules earnings have to be strong in order to qualify for extension.

However I have the following query, Does UK experience 5 points be claimed while extension.

Also one thing I noticed in earnings table, it starts from 25000 points for 5 points. So in order to claim 30-35 points one has to show earnings of 40000 - 50000+ pounds, which will be next to impossible in this present economic scenario.

Dunno whether people who applied post 6th April with new rules taking effect are aware of this fact.

Thanks,

Hi ,

People are applying and and applying after 6 th . They are not considering any sort of calculations and the only thing , they have in their mind , is TIER1 stamped on their passports. I agree with you that it will be difficult to extend the visa and to get a good job around 50K but people are happy to spend money >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Thanks

Ali

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:53 pm

This is definitely worth considering. However, would this rule also apply for those who got their Tier 1 before April 6? I don't see UKBA having different criteria when the extension is due?

[quote="aliq09"][quote="adityak77"]whats next after 2 yrs when extending the tier -1 visa.

Thanks,[/quote]

Hi ,

People are applying and and applying after 6 th . They are not considering any sort of calculations and the only thing , they have in their mind , is TIER1 stamped on their passports. I agree with you that it will be difficult to extend the visa and to get a good job around 50K but people are happy to spend money >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>[/quote]

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:59 pm

mhkhan wrote:This is definitely worth considering. However, would this rule also apply for those who got their Tier 1 before April 6? I don't see UKBA having different criteria when the extension is due?

aliq09 wrote:
adityak77 wrote:whats next after 2 yrs when extending the tier -1 visa.

Thanks,

Hi ,

People are applying and and applying after 6 th . They are not considering any sort of calculations and the only thing , they have in their mind , is TIER1 stamped on their passports. I agree with you that it will be difficult to extend the visa and to get a good job around 50K but people are happy to spend money >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The new rules do not apply for people who are on Tier 1 G before 6th April.

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov. ... -of-policy

sanj2205
Newly Registered

Post by sanj2205 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:27 pm

hi,
is any one have the hsmp policy guidance which announced on April 6th 2010
I have to appeal. If you have this document please let me know
Sanje

GouravSharma1981
Newly Registered

Tier1 Extension (applied after 6th April 2010)

Post by GouravSharma1981 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:31 pm

Well, I got my tier 1 visa and I did my calculations for Extension and ILR before applying for Tier1. So here is my understanding on Extension after 2 yrs.

We need 75 points to get the extension

Degree: 30 Points (minimum for B.E.)
Previous earnings: 20 or 25 Points (35-40K or 40-50K Pounds)
UK experience: 5 Points (Considering all earnings are made in UK and obviously the above is more than 25K Pounds)

Total comes out to be 75-80 points. I guess this is achievable. What do you guys think?