ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependants' maintenance for Tier 1 General question-pls help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

minhhien
Newly Registered

Dependants' maintenance for Tier 1 General question-pls help

Post by minhhien » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:16 am

Hi all,

First of all, i have to say that this forum is a fantastic place to ask/share vital information. I gain significantly more information browsing around this forum.

I am applying for Tier 1 (general), i have been in the UK for more than 12 months. My dependants are my wife and my child. With regards to my wife dependant maintenance fund, does the bank statement need to be in my wife name or it can be my name ? It will be a problem for us if it has to be in my wife name, because she has no bank account in the UK as of yet.

Much appreciate your help !

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Dependants' maintenance for Tier 1 General question-pls

Post by aruni4470 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:11 am

minhhien wrote:Hi all,

First of all, i have to say that this forum is a fantastic place to ask/share vital information. I gain significantly more information browsing around this forum.

I am applying for Tier 1 (general), i have been in the UK for more than 12 months. My dependants are my wife and my child. With regards to my wife dependant maintenance fund, does the bank statement need to be in my wife name or it can be my name ? It will be a problem for us if it has to be in my wife name, because she has no bank account in the UK as of yet.

Much appreciate your help !
If you would have gone through the dependants policy guidance, you would have got the answer and that is the bank statement can be 'in the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children only) the name of the other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom;'.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... olicy1.pdf

minhhien
Newly Registered

Post by minhhien » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:07 am

Thanks Aruni4470, i have gone through the guide line indeed, but just want to double check to make absolutely sure there is no "catches".

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Post by aruni4470 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:45 am

minhhien wrote:Thanks Aruni4470, i have gone through the guide line indeed, but just want to double check to make absolutely sure there is no "catches".
True. Better to be safe than sorry. :)

Sarva81
Newly Registered

Documents required To Apply Dependent Visa

Post by Sarva81 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:55 pm

Hi,
Im in UK and working on Work permit for last 2 yrs, My wife has come here from India with Tier 1 and started working(contract) on a good salaried job from June. I wish to apply Dependent Visa. Reg Payslips to submit, how many months of payslips of my wife is needed(Minimum) for me to apply dependent VISA.

Presently myself and my wife are in UK(she got Tier 1 from India), is it possible for me to Apply Dependent VISA from UK or should i go back India to Apply

With Thanks,
Sarva

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Documents required To Apply Dependent Visa

Post by aruni4470 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:25 am

Sarva81 wrote:Hi,
Im in UK and working on Work permit for last 2 yrs, My wife has come here from India with Tier 1 and started working(contract) on a good salaried job from June. I wish to apply Dependent Visa. Reg Payslips to submit, how many months of payslips of my wife is needed(Minimum) for me to apply dependent VISA.

Presently myself and my wife are in UK(she got Tier 1 from India), is it possible for me to Apply Dependent VISA from UK or should i go back India to Apply

With Thanks,
Sarva
You should go back and apply