ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 app submitted!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

muhandis.ak

Tier 1 app submitted!

Post by muhandis.ak » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:19 am

Just got back home after submitting my visa app at VFS B'lore. I didn't have an appointment, but thanks to the bandh could finish everything off in exactly an hour.

Keeping my fingers crossed...

Kala

aspirant99
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 app submitted!

Post by aspirant99 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:23 am

muhandis.ak wrote:Just got back home after submitting my visa app at VFS B'lore. I didn't have an appointment, but thanks to the bandh could finish everything off in exactly an hour.

Kala
all the best!!

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:42 pm

muhandis.ak wrote:Just got back home after submitting my visa app at VFS B'lore. I didn't have an appointment, but thanks to the bandh could finish everything off in exactly an hour.

Kala
:roll:

vet

Post by vet » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:08 pm

All the best bro!!
I am planning to apply end of this week / early next week. i wish there should be more bandh's -:)

gd_Shepherd

Post by gd_Shepherd » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:25 pm

vet wrote:All the best bro!!
i wish there should be more bandh's -:)
Holiday on a Bundh day is compensated on a weekend. So be prepared to the lose the weekend(s) in case of more Bundh's :D

Anyways, good luck

Shepherd

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Kala
Alone or with dependents?

good luck!

muhandis.ak

Post by muhandis.ak » Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:57 pm

Alone for now. ASA I get my visa stamped (hopefully this time itself), will be applying for a dependent visa for my husband.

Kala
argus7 wrote:

Kala
Alone or with dependents?

good luck!

vet

Post by vet » Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:56 pm

muhandis.ak, Do you know how is the rush in Bangalore VFS?. I do'nt have an appointment. I dont mind waiting for few hours, but just wanted to check,in case if you know about it.

muhandis.ak

Post by muhandis.ak » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:13 pm

from what I heard at VFS, if you come stand in the queue at 6-6.30, you could get done by 10-11 or so. This info is just what I gathered from general conversation with fellow applicants, so I don't really know how accurate it is...
vet wrote:muhandis.ak, Do you know how is the rush in Bangalore VFS?. I do'nt have an appointment. I dont mind waiting for few hours, but just wanted to check,in case if you know about it.

innu
Newly Registered

Post by innu » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:56 am

I went today at VFS Bangalore without appointment and submitted my application, there was no rush at all. I entered at 10:30 AM and came out at 11:40 AM.

Good luck.

-innu

Pranvayu

Post by Pranvayu » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:57 am

Hey there,

since you've applied alone, will you have to pay for a fresh application for the dependent all over again or is there a way around?
I'm in a similar case as cant' file for my dependent now due to lack of maintenance funds but will do so after 1 month. I don't want to wait any further to file for my application but was hoping there was a way around paying for the dependent application again?

muhandis.ak

Post by muhandis.ak » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:03 pm

I didn't get your question. The fees is Rs.48,300 per applicant regardless of whether main applicant or dependent or whether you apply separately or together..
Pranvayu wrote:Hey there,

since you've applied alone, will you have to pay for a fresh application for the dependent all over again or is there a way around?
I'm in a similar case as cant' file for my dependent now due to lack of maintenance funds but will do so after 1 month. I don't want to wait any further to file for my application but was hoping there was a way around paying for the dependent application again?

Sudipta BM
Newly Registered

need advice...

Post by Sudipta BM » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi muhandis.ak,

all the best and am sure u will get ur visa on time.
Read your blog and coincidently am also planning to apply for visa next week and my husband would apply soon after that.
can u please give me your contact mail id. I can take some advice from you before i apply for my visa. Little nervous. I am also from blore.

please guide.

thanks a lot.

Sue
muhandis.ak wrote:I didn't get your question. The fees is Rs.48,300 per applicant regardless of whether main applicant or dependent or whether you apply separately or together..
Pranvayu wrote:Hey there,

muhandis.ak

Post by muhandis.ak » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:08 am

yippee!! got the passport back with the visa stamped! Can't thank this wonderful forum and all it's extremely helpful members for all their guidance & help!

Kala

My timelines -

Application submitted at VFS, Bangalore - 05 July '10
Application dispatch to DBHC, Chennai - 05 July '10
Processed application dispatched via Blue Dart - 13 July '10
Stamped passport received - 14 July '10

prisat
Member of Standing

Post by prisat » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:30 am

muhandis.ak wrote:yippee!! got the passport back with the visa stamped! Can't thank this wonderful forum and all it's extremely helpful members for all their guidance & help!

Kala

My timelines -

Application submitted at VFS, Bangalore - 05 July '10
Application dispatch to DBHC, Chennai - 05 July '10
Processed application dispatched via Blue Dart - 13 July '10
Stamped passport received - 14 July '10
Congrats
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

mnrao
Newly Registered

Post by mnrao » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:41 pm

Congrats..

Even i am waiting to collect my passport tomorrow.

Application submitted at VFS, Bangalore - 07 July '10
Application dispatch to DBHC, Chennai - 07 July '10
Under process - 12 July '10
Processed application dispatched via Blue Dart - 14 July '10