ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Extention really difficult for senior professionals?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vilasjoshi
Newly Registered

Extention really difficult for senior professionals?

Post by vilasjoshi » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:11 pm

Hi all

I am 40+ and having good income from IT profession in my home country. From my current income I can gather 75 / 80 points needed for tier 1 visa.

However, getting an extension after 2 yrs in UK (FLR) looks nearly impossible as I will have to show an income of GBP 55000 (or even higher??) during 12 months prior to applying for extension (35 points for master's degree, 5 points for UK exp BUT cannot get any points for age, thus have to get the remaining 40 points from 'previous income' -- am assuming that pass marks then will be at least 80). Those who can get 20 points for age will have edge since their 'income' requirement is much more realistic.

Am I missing something here? OR should the senior IT professionals keep away?

This is a serious question releant for may readers. Please avoid casual remarks.

Thanks in advance

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:29 pm

No you are not missing anything but only thinking too far away... if you are a Sneior IT professional with good experience then getting salary of 50-60K should not be a problem.. and being on Tier1(G) visa you can work for more than 1 employer thus chances of earning more money IS MORE...

Take the first step dont worry about the 33rd step... Goodluck mate...

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:10 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:No you are not missing anything but only thinking too far away... if you are a Sneior IT professional with good experience then getting salary of 50-60K should not be a problem.. and being on Tier1(G) visa you can work for more than 1 employer thus chances of earning more money IS MORE...

Take the first step dont worry about the 33rd step... Goodluck mate...
First of all, 40 points is actually 65-75,000 GBP. Who can be sure, in this economic climate, of earning a salary this high?

Secondly, I do think all high-earners with established careers in their own countries should think very carefully before moving here. This is not to say that none should come here; rather, they should be very careful weighing their options. More so than younger people at the beginning of their careers.