ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 refused. Need help with Admin Review! Am new on forum

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Leema2010
Newly Registered

Tier 1 refused. Need help with Admin Review! Am new on forum

Post by Leema2010 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:06 pm

Hi All. I stumbled across this forum and read some of the stuff you all have been writing to help each other out and I found it very helpful! I am quite stressed out about my application situation as well and hope you can help me out too!

I applied for my Tier 1 visa last month and got my refusal letter last week. I am very very upset ï

drmastoi

HI

Post by drmastoi » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:53 pm

hi

So sorry to hear about this.

Its happening very frequently that ppl in visa office overlook documents.but dont worry

you need to submit a form which for admin review and there is guidance too on this link.

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs/

Both of you will be stamped visa if successful.

Good luck

Leema2010
Newly Registered

Hi back

Post by Leema2010 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:59 am

Hi, thank you so much for your reply! I went thru the guidance notes, and then the dependents guidance notes as well. They say I can go in for an admin review, but there is still no mention on what my husband can do. You mention both our passports will get stamped, but how? Shud I proceed with the plan of attaching a letter with my review regarding his refusal? Has that been done before? Plz help!

ukswus

Re: Tier 1 refused. Need help with Admin Review! Am new on f

Post by ukswus » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:25 am

[quote="Leema2010"]Hi All. I stumbled across this forum and read some of the stuff you all have been writing to help each other out and I found it very helpful! I am quite stressed out about my application situation as well and hope you can help me out too!

I applied for my Tier 1 visa last month and got my refusal letter last week. I am very very upset ï
Last edited by ukswus on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 refused. Need help with Admin Review! Am new on f

Post by prisat » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:35 am

[quote="Leema2010"]Hi All. I stumbled across this forum and read some of the stuff you all have been writing to help each other out and I found it very helpful! I am quite stressed out about my application situation as well and hope you can help me out too!

Leema2010
Newly Registered

Hi All

Post by Leema2010 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:47 am

Yes I had mentioned bank statement in covering letter, as well as in actual application, I have mentioned bank statement as supporting document.

What options does my dependent have??

Dr. Mastoi, awaiting your reply :(

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:38 pm

If your admin. review is successful, then you and your spouse will be granted EC (as you both had applied together and were refused together).

regards

Leema2010
Newly Registered

Hi!

Post by Leema2010 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:09 am

Thanks for all the replies! Keeping my fingers crossed now n praying :S
Do let me know if I can be of any help!

Leema2010
Newly Registered

Admin Review Done: Visa refusal overturned

Post by Leema2010 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:40 pm

Hi All,

I received an email from the Abu Dhabi office today that my visa refusal has been overturned based on admin review!

While that is great news, there is no mention in the letter of my dependent, whose visa was also refused as we had applied together and mine as the primary applicant had been refused.

In my admin review request, I had stated dependent's reason for refusal (primary applicant is being refused thus dependent's basis of application does not hold) and requested to reverse his refusal too since his refusal had been circumstantial. Why is it then that there is no mention of his application/refusal in my letter??

Kindly advice, thanks!

sapvish

Post by sapvish » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:48 am

Leema may be you can call the office and enquire about it? Probably they can give some information...

Leema2010
Newly Registered

Post by Leema2010 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:49 am

Yes I called, but the person I spoke to in the visa section said she can only refer to the records and tell me status of AR, not the reason of refusal/acceptance/no dependent/etc. She said my status was 'letter dispatched-overturned', my dependent's was not mentioned in letter :(

@ Sushdmehta: Any feedback on this situation? I really thought since we both had applied together, both cases will be granted EC together, if at all :(

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:18 am

Assuming dependent EC was refused only for the reason that your application was refused (no other requirement(s) remained unfulfilled):

If I were you, I would write to local BHC providing details of the initial application (and refusal) and the subsequent success in AR and requesting ECO to overturn the decision of refusal of dependent EC in light of the fact that success in AR has proved that the refusal was a result of error(s) made by caseworker / BHC staff.

regards

Leema2010
Newly Registered

AR successful!

Post by Leema2010 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:35 pm

Hi All,

It worked! Got reply from Abu Dhabi that my dependent's refusal has also been overturned!! :)

Thanks everyone for help!

Last question:

I had originally applied in June, got refused in July, sent AR request on 19th July, got AR reply in Aug. Therefore at time of extention 2 years down the road, will my case be decided on rules in place before 19th July or after?

Asking this cuz the salary I will have to show at that time would be different under both sets of rules, post 19th is tougher!

geriatrix

Re: AR successful!

Post by geriatrix » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:27 pm

Leema2010 wrote:Therefore at time of extention 2 years down the road, will my case be decided on rules in place before 19th July or after?
As per qualifying criteria applicable at the time of (extension) application.

But yes, your Tier 1 approval is based on application submitted before 19-Jul-10 irrespective of the fact that the application was approved subsequent to AR. The date of AR submission is of no relevance!

regards
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Leema2010
Newly Registered

Post by Leema2010 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:30 am

Thanks!

I did not understand your last statement tho. Did you mean 'AR submission date IS NOT of relevance'?
regards

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:57 am

Leema2010 wrote:Thanks!

I did not understand your last statement tho. Did you mean 'AR submission date IS NOT of relevance'?
regards
Oops! Yes, that's what I meant (to write, but missed). Edited now.

regards

Leema2010
Newly Registered

Post by Leema2010 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:36 am

Thanks! :)

Regards