ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 general dependent visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kmj_005

Tier 1 general dependent visa

Post by kmj_005 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:08 pm

Hi friends,

I am in UK and my wife going to apply for tier 1 general dependent visa from India. Right now i am renting a double bedroom in the shared house. The house is rented by the other family (my friend) whom i share the house. I am paying the rent to them through my bank account. The utility bills are under my friends name who is the british citizen. He don't have an agreement with the landlord, as he is his friend. But he is willing to give any sort of letter to me. I am working in UK, I can show all the other documents except I got the doubt in accomodation proof. Could you please clarify me that what sort of documents i need to show for the accomodation or how to approach this issue in a simple way.

Thanks in advance,
Kind Regards,
Kaja

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Get a no objection letter from the landlord with council tax receipt/ any house document in his name..

n the letter should say that it is spacious enough for u n ur family n others living there.. the letter shd also describe the no. of rooms etc...

kmj_005

Post by kmj_005 » Sat Jul 17, 2010 5:40 pm

Hello ramesh,

I just bought a tenancy agreent from whs smith and i will ask him to sign. Also regarding the council tax, it is not currently under my friends name. so instead can i ask him to give the electricity and gas bill, will that be sufficient. Also as you said i will get the no objection letter from him. will these 3 documents will be enough for the accomodation proof.

Thanks in advance.
kaja