ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

In Country TIER 1 Dependent Visa Timing

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zeeshanpervez
Newly Registered

In Country TIER 1 Dependent Visa Timing

Post by zeeshanpervez » Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:35 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier 1 visa and i applied dependant visa for my baby on the 9th July (Friday). Fee was deducted on the 13th July. I have sent my passport with the application. Does anyone know how long it is taking at the moment for in country dependant visa applications as i need my passport for some urgent work.

Thanks in advance

sys_sagar

Post by sys_sagar » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:18 pm

hi, have you received your passport back?

push

Post by push » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:31 pm

sys_sagar wrote:hi, have you received your passport back?
Try sending a PM to the OP.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

push

Re: In Country TIER 1 Dependent Visa Timing

Post by push » Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:32 pm

zeeshanpervez wrote:Hi,

I am on Tier 1 visa and i applied dependant visa for my baby on the 9th July (Friday). Fee was deducted on the 13th July. I have sent my passport with the application. Does anyone know how long it is taking at the moment for in country dependant visa applications as i need my passport for some urgent work.

Thanks in advance
Why did you send your passport?
regards,
push

sapvish

Post by sapvish » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:50 am

Ya just a copy of your passport would have sufficed. There was no need for original passport to be sent.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:03 am

My two cents - when the dependant application is made from within UK, the main applicant has to send his original passport. The only case that I know of where a copy of the passport is acceptable is when the dependant is out of country and the main applicant is in UK.

push

Post by push » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:45 pm

hsmp1412 wrote:My two cents - when the dependant application is made from within UK, the main applicant has to send his original passport. The only case that I know of where a copy of the passport is acceptable is when the dependant is out of country and the main applicant is in UK.
Source of information please?
regards,
push

Anio

Post by Anio » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:15 am

I sent photocopy of my passport and visa details for dependants application. It took just a little over 2 weeks to get dependants' visa and application back. This was end of July/ early August.

hsmp1412
Member of Standing

Post by hsmp1412 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:39 am

push wrote:
hsmp1412 wrote:My two cents - when the dependant application is made from within UK, the main applicant has to send his original passport. The only case that I know of where a copy of the passport is acceptable is when the dependant is out of country and the main applicant is in UK.
Source of information please?
The PBS dependant form guidance for in country applicants says:

Any documentary evidence that the family member provides must be the original (not a copy) unless we say otherwise

It is not said anywhere that a passport copy can be submitted. Hence original passport will have to be sent.

For out of country applications, the form clearly states this in the last section where the list of documents is to be provided:

A copy of the pages from the main applicant’s passport
showing their permission to stay, if they are already in the
UK.