ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) past earnings Question

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

termic2
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) past earnings Question

Post by termic2 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:02 am

If some one wants to apply from outside of the UK and he has multiple sources of income. Further, if his/her has one source in UK (paid in GBP) , how he/she will calculate that income in the point calculator.

Either he need to convert the GBP income to Rupees and apply the current exchange rate or keep the income in GBP and exchange rate as 1

Regards,

LearningCurve

Post by LearningCurve » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:52 am

Like you rightly said, you need to use the exchange rate as mentioned in OANDA website if your earning is in currency other than GBP.

Likewise, if you have salary in GBP, then the exchange rate is 1.

[Edited to avoid confusion, thanks sushdmehta]
Last edited by LearningCurve on Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:17 am

Where you apply from doesn't determine how you calculate earnings, it the location / country where you live and work that determines how earnings must be calculated.

regards

termic2
Newly Registered

Post by termic2 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:40 am

Where you apply from doesn't determine how you calculate earnings, it the location / country where you live and work that determines how earnings must be calculated
If some one more than one origin countries, then I think earning will be calculated accordingly and we will apply the different exchange rate.

Please correct me if I am wrong,

Regards