ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent visa refused.. please help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

oneITguy

Tier 1 Dependent visa refused.. please help

Post by oneITguy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:38 am

Hi Guys,

My wife has applied for Tier 1dependent visa from mumbai and it got refused. The reason they have given is you did not provided any communication between you and your wife and your husband come for 10 days to india and got married. so we do not beleive your marriage is valid.

We have provided all the proofs marriage certificate, marriage photos but still it got refused and i am disturbed at this moment. we have made an appeal for the same.

I am more confused also because I left my Job as well before a week of her visa refusal.

Do you how long it takes in appeal?

Can I apply for a tourist visa for her now?

Please help me out guys. I am really in a very difficult situation. I need your help.

I would request gurus to please help me out on the same.

please
xyz

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:17 am

I really feel sorry for you. This is really ridiculous on part of BHC.

If providing communication was important , they should have mentioned it in the policy guidance.

Along with marriage certificate, how many wedding photos did you provide.

To answer your queries,

What I have seen on this forum, I think it takes anywhere between 1 to 6 months for appeal to be heard and decided.

oneITguy

Post by oneITguy » Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:32 am

destiniation_london wrote:I really feel sorry for you. This is really ridiculous on part of BHC.

If providing communication was important , they should have mentioned it in the policy guidance.

Along with marriage certificate, how many wedding photos did you provide.

To answer your queries,

What I have seen on this forum, I think it takes anywhere between 1 to 6 months for appeal to be heard and decided.
I have provided 5 photographs of marriage.
but now in appeal we have provided the photos of engagement, Honeymoon, phone bills, Donation receipts of engagement, building society letter. I dont know still how long it will take.
xyz

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi

I have the same case..my wife's visa has been refused on the grounds of authencating stamp on the marriage certificate has been of poor quality...however we did not put any wedding pics as VFS people told us its not required...its really useless these people....

ECO also mentioned about the subsistence realtionship due to lack of evidences...

we have appealed the decision already in bombday...lets see what happens...

please keep in touch if you heard anything...

thanks

sapvish

Post by sapvish » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:30 am

Kunal u can enclose phone bills to show that u and your spouse knew each other before marrying. Wedding photos and other photos taken together is very helpful. Does ur wife's passport reflect your name(spouse name) or vice versa?

And when u r stating abt ur reception date and marriage date being different, give proper explanation as to why there are 2 dates. Or best to avoid telling anything abt reception date. It will add to confusion. If your marrigae certificate shows marriage date then thats it. Ya you can enclose some evidence abt the place whr u got married , some bills etc..

Appeal might take quite sometime. If you are in a hurry, i would suggest you to reapply.

sapvish

Post by sapvish » Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:35 am

OneITguy feel sorry for you. This had happened to many infact. Any phone bills showing conversation between you and spouse will help.

Appeal might take some time. If in hurry you can reapply rather than visitor visa i feel. But for visitor visa she may have to show some proof whrein she can bear some of her expenses in uk.

wire
Newly Registered

Post by wire » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:55 am

How is one supposed show the phone bills if the Tier 1 holder is in UK and the Spouse / Fiancee is in India and they use Voip through phone/ computer to speak to each other.

Direct calls are quite expensive and you will have to make the calls out of compulsion rather than desire :-). They dont really understand the concept of arranged marriage, do they?

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:02 am

I had my wife granted visa today.
I provided marriage certificate, 10-11 wedding photographs and copy of my travel itinerary to India for wedding.

Which VFS did you apply from, I guess its totally based on case-worker.

wire
Newly Registered

Post by wire » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:07 am

destiniation_london wrote:I had my wife granted visa today.
I provided marriage certificate, 10-11 wedding photographs and copy of my travel itinerary to India for wedding.

And did you submit the phone bills and chat logs as well?

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:08 am

If you are in rush, reapply for dependent visa instead of settlment visa. It will not affect your other appeal.

destiniation_london

Post by destiniation_london » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:15 am

wire wrote:
destiniation_london wrote:I had my wife granted visa today.

And did you submit the phone bills and chat logs as well?
No I didn't.
Its really stupid on BHC to ask for chat logs and phone communication logs because a lot of this stuffs would be of intense personal in nature.

And how would that prove that you are married. If they are not ready to recognise your wedding photos and certificate then I bet they won't recognise chat logs as well.

I guess its totally based on case -worker instincts, probably they'd faced quite a lot of sham marriage cases in the past, so just they are being overly cautious and in the process effecting the genuine applications.

I really feel sorry for those who been affected because of above.

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:58 pm

Hi Sapnish

thanks for your reply...I have drafted covering letter explainig abt my engagement ceremony....followed by marriage and reception...my worry is i have shown court marriage as real marriage as did not think of this problem...i have pictures of the hindu ceremony marriage and which i have enclosed for the same..I have attached engagement pics, marriage pics, reception invitation card, reception pictures, payment receipt of reception, calling card bill and online skype call history. i have shown that our marriage was followed by different ceremony in nasik and ahmedabad as my wife is from nasik...tht will be very simple for them to understand...and enclosed all the photographs as mentioned above...and also certified marriage certificate by under secretary of goverment which will further verified that this marriage is genuine...

We did not change the name aswe got married on 21st june and put up the file on 22nd june only..

I dont know...i m really worried..I hope ECO will overreturn the decision without going to Appeal..

oneITguy

Re: Tier 1 Dependent visa refused.. please help

Post by oneITguy » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:10 am

oneITguy wrote:Hi Guys,

My wife has applied for Tier 1dependent visa from mumbai and it got refused. The reason they have given is you did not provided any communication between you and your wife and your husband come for 10 days to india and got married. so we do not beleive your marriage is valid.

We have provided all the proofs marriage certificate, marriage photos but still it got refused and i am disturbed at this moment. we have made an appeal for the same.

I am more confused also because I left my Job as well before a week of her visa refusal.

Do you how long it takes in appeal?

Can I apply for a tourist visa for her now?

Please help me out guys. I am really in a very difficult situation. I need your help.

I would request gurus to please help me out on the same.

please
Hi Guys,

Quick Update: We have received a letter from UKBA last week saying that my wife is now qualify for the dependent visa and they have accepted the appeal. They have now told us to submit the passport for stamping.

It took 5 weeks for the decision after an appeal has been made.

Thank you very much guys for your help.
xyz