ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK TIER-1 GENERAL VISA REFUSED AS NO BANK LOGO ON STATEMENT

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

futureperfect
Newly Registered

UK TIER-1 GENERAL VISA REFUSED AS NO BANK LOGO ON STATEMENT

Post by futureperfect » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Hi Members,

Need your advice and would be glad if someone with similar story shares the experience of how they filed the Administrative Review request and what was the decision of that review request...

I had applied for UK Tier 1 General Visa on 16th July 2010 to BDHC Mumbai through Ahmedabad VFS. I have received the Refusal Notice on 11th August 2010.

REFUSAL REASON - The ICICI bank statements are not on the bank's stationery and do not show the financial institution's name and logo; and therefore it cannot be considered as evidence of funds. Given the above, you have not shown that you have funds of GBP2800 and therefore I have awarded you 0 points for maintenance. You have failed to obtain the 10 points required under Appendix C and consequently your application is therefore refused under paragraph 245C (e) of the Immigration Rules.

My Story -

The bank statement begins with the Bank Name as 'ICICI BANK LTD' so I think the ECO is wrong here in saying the bank name is not appearing however there is no bank logo. Statement was printed on dot-matrix printer here.

I have maintained minimum GBP5600 for last 6 months now which covers the 90 day period prior to my visa application date; so balance was never an issue if they had got this verified at ICICI Bank.

Before filing the application, in response to my request to ICICI Bank staff for statement on a stationary with Bank Logo; the staff maintained that they don't give over-the-counter statements on Bank Logo papers and its a plain stationery where it is printed then duly signed and stamped by bank officer. They also said even the ICICI Bank Passbook provided over-the-counter doesn't have the bank logo so they cant provide over-the-counter account statement with bank logo. I trusted the staff as I myself have never seen the statement or ICICI Passbook with ICICI Bank Logo. So I took the statement printed on plain bank stationery duly signed and stamped by bank executive on each page. The same was submitted to BDHC.

Post the Visa Refusal Notice, I visited 3 different ICICI Branches and asked for a statement on official stationery with bank logo for visa purpose. But all branches said No saying they don't have such stationery and they can provide over-the-counter account statements without logo but with signature and stamp by bank official on it on each page.

Post this I have met senior bank officials and they are now ready to furnish me the letter confirming that it is their standard procedure to provide over-the-counter account statements without logo but with signature and stamp by bank official on each page. This letter will also confirm that the original statement without logo was furnished by the bank only and is genuine and whenever inquired by visa officials; bank will confirm the genuineness of the bank statement.

Please let me know if it makes any sense to go for Administrative Review given above. If yes can anybody please share any formats or anything else that can help raise a strong AR request. Also please clarify if the letter from bank clarifying the bank policy can be attached to AR given BDHC is clear in saying no new evidence can be provided...

Moreover... On 16th July 2010, the minimum points requirement was 75 points however I had claimed 85 points and 85 points were awarded by ECO. But the writing in Refusal Letter says minimum requirement is 80 points and I have scored 85 so I have met the requirements of paragraph 245C (c). Here, I believe this is a clear error from ECO but has not affected me so it is fine - the minimum points were 75 only for application date 16th July 2010. It has changed from 19th July 2010 to 80 points however.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:06 am

This is another example of why ECOs should follow the House of Commons, Home Affairs Committee's report's recommendations.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

sapvish

Post by sapvish » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:43 am

futureperfect, normally you also need to take a letter from bank stating that you have maintained the required balance in your account for so and so period and this letter will be over the bank letter head and signed. I suppose you did not get this letter.
Now you can get this letter and reapply or appeal, only that appeal wil take a little longer.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:08 am

sapvish wrote:Now you can get this letter and reapply or appeal, only that appeal wil take a little longer.
Can I appeal if my application is refused?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vignette

Post by vignette » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:10 am

Appendix C to the immigration rules (to do with PBS maintenance) now says that 'The applicant must provide the specified documents.' 1A(e)

not sure if this was the case when your application was assessed though

futureperfect
Newly Registered

Post by futureperfect » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:21 pm

@VINNY

I have gone through the recommendations however am not sure if i can take actions based on those...

If they let me put the clarification letter in AR then it would be great as it would then resolve the issue based on letter consideration. Can anyone let me know any way so that I can officially include the bank clarification letter OR statement with logo so that it resolves the matter... Thnx

futureperfect
Newly Registered

Post by futureperfect » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:38 pm

@VIGNETTE

'The applicant must provide the specified documents.' line was added with effect from 23rd July 2010 (see http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary point 21 on page 6) so at the time of my application, this line would not be there...

Does this help me in any way?

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:44 pm

Also refer them to 245AA(b).

marryanne
Newly Registered

gghgj

Post by marryanne » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:38 am

General Skilled Visas to the UK - New Tier 1 Skilled Migration.
Includes a skilled immigration points test. Apply with the UK Visa Bureau.

make money online

futureperfect
Newly Registered

Post by futureperfect » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:39 pm

@marryanne

not getting what you are saying... pls clarify...