ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VISA Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sajidzaidi

VISA Extension

Post by sajidzaidi » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:44 am

I applied for HSMP on 25 January 2008.
Taking VISA was an uphill task and I received a three year HSMP Visa in October 2009 which is valid till October 2011.

Will my application for extension in visa be accessed according to the HSMP rules or according to Tier -1 rules?

Somebody please reply to me in detail?

*FC*
Member of Standing

Re: VISA Extension

Post by *FC* » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:21 am

sajidzaidi wrote:I applied for HSMP on 25 January 2008.
Taking VISA was an uphill task and I received a three year HSMP Visa in October 2009 which is valid till October 2011.

Will my application for extension in visa be accessed according to the HSMP rules or according to Tier -1 rules?

Somebody please reply to me in detail?
If I understand it right, then you had a valid HSMP letter but you never used it for obtaining an Entry Clearance. You applied for Tier 1 general, as a separate application, in October 2009... for which you never used your HSMP letter.
Irrespective of your HSMP letter, you will fall under Tier 1 General category and your extension will be done on Tier 1 basis.

FC

sajidzaidi

Post by sajidzaidi » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:31 am

Thats not the case.

My visa is based on my HSMP letter. the time gap is because the VISA was regretted once and then we appealed and won the appeal.

The VISA is for three years and states "Highly Skilled Migrant Program".

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:16 am

HSMP approvals based on (initial) applications submitted after 07-Nov-06 come under PBS rules, though the extension qualifying criteria differ for HSMP migrants and Tier 1 migrants depending on the date when the applicant entered the system (first time).

Reading the policy guidance will help.

regards