ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Earning Proof

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

termic2
Newly Registered

Earning Proof

Post by termic2 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:36 am

If some one worked as an individual (project based) for a company and he is paid in cash, what is required to satisfy the case worker to prove the earning.

Will the following documents will work
An Invoice to the company,
Bank statement reflecting the relevant transaction (Money deposited by the candidate)
and a letter from the company stating that the He/She has carried out project for us and they have paid the amount.
Or some thing substantial is required to prove this income.

visatier1
Newly Registered

Post by visatier1 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:47 am

u should register with HMRC as self employed

termic2
Newly Registered

Post by termic2 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:43 pm

Thanks,

But to register with HMRC, you should be in the UK or not

geriatrix

Post by geriatrix » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:50 pm

termic2 wrote:Thanks,

But to register with HMRC, you should be in the UK or not
Yes. The response above was posted with the assumption that you are (self-employed) in the UK.

regards

termic2
Newly Registered

Post by termic2 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:12 pm

ok

Actually I was talking about a scenario where the candidate is not in the UK and he/she out country applicant.
Then he should be registered as self-employed in the country from where he want to submit the case.

what about his reviving of money in Cash.???
Even he is being paid by cheque, his bank statement will still not show the from where the money is coming from.

guaravd

Post by guaravd » Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:08 am

termic2 wrote:ok

Actually I was talking about a scenario where the candidate is not in the UK and he/she out country applicant.
Then he should be registered as self-employed in the country from where he want to submit the case.

what about his reviving of money in Cash.???
Even he is being paid by cheque, his bank statement will still not show the from where the money is coming from.
I think receiving money in cash will not do.

If you are paid by cheque, once the cheque s cleared in your account the cheque number will appear in your bank statement. In order to support this you can take a certificate/letter from the company that you were paid X amount via follwoing cheque number which can be tallied with your bank stmt.

termic2
Newly Registered

Post by termic2 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:00 am

thanks guaravd,

Actually i have received couple of cash payments in the past from a firm I worked for so I was thinking to make use of it since time is running out for me.
AND I have not noticed from T1G Policy guideline that taking cash is not allowed as earning.